ddub
08-29-2017, 10:57 AM
http://www.ebay.com/itm/192291654338?ul_noapp=true

BobPalma
08-29-2017, 11:00 AM
:!: Boy, that is nice! :cool: BP

Commander Eddie
08-29-2017, 01:43 PM
I saved that one on my eBay watch list this morning when I saw it. I am curious what it might sell for, assuming the reserve price is met. It has a six cylinder in it which will depress the price a bit but it sure it nicely done. I really like the floor shifted 4-speed.

T.J. lavallee
08-29-2017, 01:52 PM
I saved that one on my eBay watch list this morning when I saw it. I am curious what it might sell for, assuming the reserve price is met. It has a six cylinder in it which will depress the price a bit but it sure it nicely done. I really like the floor shifted 4-speed.

That's two banks on that engine. It's a V8 not a six. Guess that ups the ante. Nice truck!

StudeNewby
08-29-2017, 02:24 PM
It's listed as a '62, has '60 vent grills, and a '64 plate on the front bumper. Someone is confused. I see hanging pedals, so my money is on 1964, which means the bed MAY not be original, either. I know, I'm picking at nits...it's a nice truck!

StudeRich
08-29-2017, 02:59 PM
This IS a very nice looking Truck.

What I got really curious about is that the Stainless Dual Exhaust System obviously a Silvertone, has the Left Tail Pipe routed crossing over IN FRONT of the Diff.

All of them I have seen are always BEHIND the Diff.

Of course I know how these are routed, the Left Pipe always exits on the RIGHT and the Right on the Left and mufflers standing on their side, all that is normal on a Stude. Truck.

The only thing different about this Truck is that it has the Rare on a Champ, and almost useless as a Truck, SHORT BED (112 W/B), so maybe THAT is the difference? :confused: Without the TWO Piece Driveshaft that could make it possible.

66595 66596 The Text even mentions a '64, "restorded", so this must be a 8E7-112, or is Now.

And I see that the corrugated bed FLOOR has been covered with Flat Steel?

Commander Eddie
08-29-2017, 03:04 PM
That's two banks on that engine. It's a V8 not a six. Guess that ups the ante. Nice truck!
Oops! T.J., you are right. I was looking at a total of 3 Champ trucks on eBay this morning and I guess I got this one confused with another one. Yes, that makes this truck that much more appealing. Anyone care to guess where the reserve is on it?

Commander Eddie
08-29-2017, 03:09 PM
This IS a very nice looking Truck.

What I got really curious about is that the Stainless Dual Exhaust System obviously a Silvertone, has the Tail Pipes routed IN FRONT of the Diff.

All of them I have seen are always BEHIND the Diff.

Of course I know how these are routed, the Left Pipe always exits on the RIGHT and the Right on the Left and mufflers standing on their side, all that is normal on a Stude. Truck.

The only thing different about this Truck is that it has the Rare on a Champ, and almost useless as a Truck, SHORT BED (112 W/B), so maybe THAT is the difference? :confused:

66595 66596 The Text even mentions a '64, so this must be a 8E7-112 or is Now.

And I see that the corrugated bed FLOOR has been replaced with Flat Steel.
StudeRich, I have the 6 1/2' bed on my Champ truck and is far from useless. With no wheel wells in the bed I can easily lay sheet goods flat. I have carried 14' long deck boards in the back with no problem. I just have to remember to tack a red flag on the end of the boards. I really don't miss an 8' bed.

ddub
08-29-2017, 03:20 PM
If we are picking nits, is that the correct steering wheel?

StudeNewby
08-29-2017, 03:25 PM

Nope. But it's a NICE steering wheel!

StudeRich
08-29-2017, 03:35 PM
Yes, LOTS of "Changes". :ohmy:

This appears to be a "Built" Truck from many pieces that did come together nicely.
I guess after 50 Years we can't expect them ALL to be original, especially Trucks that might have been quite well used.

Studebakercenteroforegon
08-29-2017, 04:22 PM

Correct for 4 and 5 speed transmission equipped Champs.

62champ
08-29-2017, 07:47 PM
Truck was for sale back in June on the Bay - VIN indicates it started life as a '63 8E7.

http://i.imgur.com/6Z0GGWn.jpg