1961, 62 & 63 Argentina Champ trucks video

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1961, 62 & 63 Argentina Champ trucks video

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Lark chassis and apparently locally sourced beds (matches the cab, very nice!).

sigpic
    In the middle of MinneSTUDEa.

A VERY Cool Video! I had to turn the sound off though, all that jabbering was just TOO annoying, I listened for the word "Studebaker" and never heard it through about 3/4 of it. I did hear "America" once though.

I like the Black one ('62 or '63?) with the Propane Power!

Those are great Custom (in Country) Grilles, some with a '59 Lark like look, but different.
    Last edited by StudeRich; 08-27-2017, 01:56 PM.
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner
    SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Very cool! I noticed they all had hanging pedals but looked like 59s.

Comment

Those trucks look very nice indeed. Studebaker should have retained the C-cab pickups as full-size trucks, and built these Argentina-style Champs domestically as "mini-trucks". The boxes look great.
        Gord Richmond, within Weasel range of the Alberta Badlands

Comment

I agree with Gordon. Yet another brain-fart in the design department. Ford did one better with their little Falcon. I firmly believe the Champ would have sold considerably better done this way. How much trouble would it have been to beef up and possibly lengthen the frame of a Stationwagon? These Argentinians did the Champ up right!

Home of the famous Mr. Ed!
          K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Studebaker!
          Ron Smith
          Where the heck is Fawn Lodge, CA?

Comment

I concur with the general concensus. These really look sharp in comparison to the awful boxes we had on the U.S. version and the use of the chromed grilles make them look great, too.

Comment

Very nice work! I did notice Lark style dog dish caps which begs the question as to why couldn't car hubs replace the truck hubs with a flat surface for alloy wheels etc?

Just wondering out loud...

Comment

Working...
              X