PDA

View Full Version : Can Anyone Help me with this Blue Convertible?!

Blue Convertible
08-26-2017, 01:16 AM
I recently downloaded an old movie from the 50s with the some old Italian rally race as a backdrop to it's drama and among some of the great scenes was one especially where I thought I glimpsed an old '53 or '54 Champion convertible. I was always under the impression that only one or two prototypes were ever built and both were yellow with red interiors? Am I wrong and if so, I questioned my own sanity of what I prehaps saw or not in this movie and went back frame by frame until I was able to catch a screen capture of the Studebaker convertible in question.

Maybe I'm a complete idiot but in all of 60 years I've been aware of Studes I have never seen this particular one before.

Would someone please explain what I am seeing here?

StudeRich
08-26-2017, 02:34 AM
It is a '53 Studebaker Champion or Commander Starliner 2 Door Hardtop with a darker Color Paint on the Roof, NOT a Convertible.

ed ellis
08-26-2017, 04:36 AM
We could argue this till the cows come home but I agree it does look like a convertible. Notice the roof line above the rear drivers side window.

Mike
08-26-2017, 05:43 AM
We could argue this till the cows come home but I agree it does look like a convertible. Notice the roof line above the rear drivers side window.
Looks like '54 bumper with '53 grills. Is the windshield chopped? Maybe I'm overanalyzing a bad picture.
Mike M

Devan
08-26-2017, 09:00 AM
It appears to have a panoramic view out the back window, not like a small plastic windowed convertible. I agree that it is not a convertible but an optical illusion and the more you look at it, the more your mind plays tricks and you over analyze it.

thunderations
08-26-2017, 09:32 AM
Could it possibly have a padded canvas top like a Carson style top added to it?

52-fan
08-26-2017, 09:56 AM
What was the movie? Sometimes if you watch frame by frame details are clearer than one screen shot.

Lou Van Anne
08-26-2017, 11:54 AM
Too fuzzy to tell...