Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Transmission / Overdrive: Trans fluid check----- 63 Flightomatic

What is the procedure? thank you cheers jimmijim
    sigpicAnything worth doing deserves your best shot. Do it right the first time. When you're done you will know it. { I'm just the guy who thinks he knows everything, my buddy is the guy who knows everything.} cheers jimmijim*****SDC***** member

I hope this helps. I assumed it was for a V8.
    sigpic

Comment

Warm up the engine and transmission,
      car on level ground
      block the wheels
      engine at idle in drive
      check the dipstick
      Last edited by RadioRoy; 08-24-2017, 11:37 AM.
      RadioRoy, specializing in AM/FM conversions with auxiliary inputs for iPod/satellite/CD player. In the old car radio business since 1985.

10G-C1 - 51 Champion starlight coupe
      4H-K5 - 53 Commander starliner hardtop
      5H-D5 - 54 Commander Conestoga wagon

Comment

It will be a little easier than the '56-'60 procedure posted by Christophe since it is a '63, it will have the underhood Dipstick but everything else is the same of course except remove the Fill Tube to drain the Main Case if draining it using modern Ford Type "F" Fluid, or if not available; Dexron III Mercon will give a softer (more slip) shift.

It IS important to remove ALL of the Fluid by draining the Converter, which we are fortunate to be able to do as most "Other" Cars do not have a Drain Plug.
        StudeRich
        Second Generation Stude Driver,
        Proud '54 Starliner Owner
        SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Thanks to all those who replied. cheers jimmijim
          sigpicAnything worth doing deserves your best shot. Do it right the first time. When you're done you will know it. { I'm just the guy who thinks he knows everything, my buddy is the guy who knows everything.} cheers jimmijim*****SDC***** member

Comment

Originally posted by StudeRich View Post
            It will be a little easier than the '56-'60 procedure posted by Christophe since it is a '63, it will have the underhood Dipstick but everything else is the same of course except remove the Fill Tube to drain the Main Case if draining it using modern Ford Type "F" Fluid, or if not available; Dexron III Mercon will give a softer (more slip) shift.
            Yes, I thought there was a dipstick but, oddly, my CD-ROM shop manual does not show it except for 170 OHV models. I noticed some other pages are missing or mixed up.
            sigpic

Comment

Once you get the fluid level right warm let it cool off and mark the stick for a cold/not running but full mark and save yourself the hassle.Luck Doofus

Comment

Working...
              X