Studebakers of the Don Garlits Museum of Drag Racing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Studebakers of the Don Garlits Museum of Drag Racing

The following are Studebakers on display at the Don GarlitsMuseum of Drag Racing in Ocala, Florida.

All my Don Garlits Museum pics here.

https://silverplate1945.smugmug.com/Cars/Don-Garlits-Museum-of-Drag-Racing-Ocala-FL/
    Mike - Assistant Editor, Turning Wheels
    Fort Worth, TX

In addition to being a great drag racer, Don Garlits obviously has great taste in cars!
    Howard - Los Angeles chapter SDC
    '53 Commander Starliner (Finally running and driving, but still in process)
    '56 Golden Hawk (3 speed/overdrive, Power steering - Running, but not yet driving)
    '58 Packard Hawk. A partially restored car that was not completely assembled.

Comment

All pics here: https://silverplate1945.smugmug.com/...cing-Ocala-FL/
      Mike - Assistant Editor, Turning Wheels
      Fort Worth, TX

Comment

As I understand, they are all in driveable condition.
        The only difference between death and taxes is that death does not grow worse every time Congress convenes. - Will Rogers

Comment

I spent the good part of a day at the Garlits Museum, but that was several years ago. What interested me was things that he had saved from his childhood, like Boy Scout items.

Too bad that the nice sign has the incorrect "Starlite" (sic) instead of the correct Starlight. While they are correcting that sign, where they have "never restore", they mean; never restored.
          Gary L.
          Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
          Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Originally posted by studegary View Post
            I spent the good part of a day at the Garlits Museum, but that was several years ago. What interested me was things that he had saved from his childhood, like Boy Scout items.

Too bad that the nice sign has the incorrect "Starlite" (sic) instead of the correct Starlight. While they are correcting that sign, where they have "never restore", they mean; never restored.
            Dropping the "n" from the word Ration would clear up a little detail too. The sign guy obviously is not a car guy.
            BTW, Don also had a Crosley engine on display when I visited a couple years ago.

Comment

That is pretty darn neat. And those are fine examples. Thanks for sharing these photos and for including the display signs along with the vehicles. That was helpful.

Gary - I still have all my cub and boy scout patches, ribbons and pins from the late 50s and early 60s. I don't know why I kept them. Maybe I too will open a museum.
              Ed Sallia
              Dundee, OR

Sol Lucet Omnibus

Comment

I too visited a few years ago. Looks like it is time for a return on next Florida trip. Thanks for posting.
                Bob
                Bob
                Welland Ontario
                60 Lark Convertible
                64 Daytona
                sigpic
                "They were meant to be driven ... so keep on cruizin"

Comment

Working...
                X