Our Vendors are Helpful

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Our Vendors are Helpful

I just replied to a question on the Forum re pulling a steering wheel I referred them to a picture Chuck Collins has on his site. In this case, a picture is worth a thousand words. I noticed that he has a lot of help pages out there. I do not see these kinds of help pages on RockAuto etc

If you have not looked at his help pages, stop by at https://www.studebakerparts.com/stud...page=tech.html Chuck probably has the most help information online.

Chuck along with most of our vendors like Ed Reynolds, Phil Harris, Stephen Cade, Dave Thibault, Dan Booth, etc etc all personally work on their own Studebakers and are willing to share information when asked.

By supporting our vendors we also open up the door to a lot of technical information.
    Milt

1947 Champion (owned since 1967)
    1961 Hawk 4-speed
    1967 Avanti
    1961 Lark 2 door
    1988 Avanti Convertible

Member of SDC since 1973

Yep, Chucks website is a great source for info! I used it earlier today when I could not find the wiring diagram (that I took out of) the shop manual!
    "We can't all be Heroes, Some us just need to stand on the curb and clap as they go by" Will Rogers

We will provide the curb for you to stand on and clap!

Indy Honor Flight www.IndyHonorFlight.org

As of Veterans Day 2017, IHF has flown 2,450 WWII, Korean, and Vietnam Veterans to Washington DC at NO charge! to see
    their Memorials!

Comment

Originally posted by 52 Ragtop View Post
      Yep, Chuck's website is a great source for info! I used it earlier today when I could not find the wiring diagram (that I took out of) the shop manual!
      Uh-Oh; a Body Man working with electricals. What could possibly go wrong? BP
      We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Yep, Chucks website is a great source for info! I used it earlier today when I could not find the wiring diagram (that I took out of) the shop manual!
        It was a ground, wasn't it.

Comment

Bob,

NOT a damn thing! LOL actually, I had a fuseable link on my Avanti, and I ahem, smoked it the other day, I now have a new one in place, and ishe starts and runs just fine! Now, on to my 52, I picked up about 4 ft of 2 O welding cable, and am going to make anew battery cable that will reach to one of the starter bolts! Now ya' hook up the battery terminal first, right???? LOL

Jim
          "We can't all be Heroes, Some us just need to stand on the curb and clap as they go by" Will Rogers

As of Veterans Day 2017, IHF has flown 2,450 WWII, Korean, and Vietnam Veterans to Washington DC at NO charge! to see
          their Memorials!

Comment

Matt,
            Good one, but that's a Dave Lester thing!!! <G>

Dave you listening? still hear me in your sleep???

their Memorials!

Comment

Matt,
              Good one, but that's a Dave Lester thing!!! <G>

Dave you listening? still hear me in your sleep???
              For ever and ever, AMEN.
              sigpic
              Dave Lester

Comment

Working...
              X