PDA

View Full Version : Truck Floor vents

wallaby
08-20-2017, 10:34 AM
Hello all, I am new here and working on a 1952 2R truck.
Somewhere along its journey it has lost its' floor vent doors and just has the openings.
I can patch them shut, but would rather have them functional.
Do the doors have a specific name? Are they available reproduced? I can't even seem to locate a picture of what they look like, or how they were attached.

Can anyone here shed some light?

mbstude
08-20-2017, 10:45 AM
I have a used pair that I'd sell. I'll send you a message.

Skip Lackie
08-20-2017, 12:52 PM
Just FYI: They were originally riveted to the firewall insulator. The repro insulators do not come with them -- one is expected to salvage them from the old insulator.

wallaby
08-20-2017, 02:02 PM
Learning fast this morning. I assumed it was all just bare steel inside. That firewall gets HOT.
Thanks

Skip Lackie
08-21-2017, 09:00 AM
More FYI, in case you're interested: I believe the insulator colors were (somewhat) keyed to the interior colors. Most 2R insulators seem to be brown, while the 3R and E-series I've seen were black. The repro ones I've seen have been black. The insulators were attached with several different sizes of screws and nuts/bolts. The longest ones use unique large washers that look like flattened sombreros, and the engine ends of some of them are also used to hold various clips for cables. AFAIK, none of these parts are listed in the parts books that most of us use.

wallaby
08-21-2017, 07:43 PM
I can use all the insulation I can get. Does the firewall insulator cover just the vertical areas, or under the dash as well?

rockne10
08-21-2017, 07:51 PM
Just the vertical. If you are undergoing a major project you may want to prep and spray the entire firewall interior with Lizardskin. There are products that can be cut and glued in place but, for firewall application, I believe Lizardskin would be the better value. https://shop.lizardskin.com/