judges should know

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• judges should know

at nsra shows they for the most part [they have lateley kind of relaxed] there 48 & older rule but ther seems to be a lot of 2r p/u trucks even in national books that are titled as 48s chevy p/u up to 54 &55 also someone should esplane to the bone heads the difference

I don't know about you, but I can't get too excited about anything the nsra or whoever does, because I belong to the Studebaker Drivers Club!
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner
    SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

For decades that was a hard and fast rule with them(NSRA).
      Lot's of guys would register their Ccab or bulletnose as a '48.
      Once a trend starts, it's hard to stop it.
      Why try to explain it?
      Forrest Gump said it best
      Jeff[8D]

quote:Originally posted by studeefrek

at nsra shows they for the most part [they have lateley kind of relaxed] there 48 & older rule but ther seems to be a lot of 2r p/u trucks even in national books that are titled as 48s chevy p/u up to 54 &55 also someone should esplane to the bone heads the difference
      HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

i belong to the sdc to but it gives a lot of people bad info that dont know what real car snd trucks are rules are rules and either inforce them or at the very least be up front and tell people the truth so when it gets printed in a national mag. for the general public to read they will be able to see vec. represented correctly

Comment

I'll bet it was one of those kit car Stude trucks that look like melted bubblegum.

Chris Pile
          StudeFolk Manager
          Tiny, custom domain, branded, url shortener, edit URL redirect, tinylink
          The only difference between death and taxes is that death does not grow worse every time Congress convenes. - Will Rogers

Comment

quote:Originally posted by studeefrek

Keep in mind that before the VIN came into being a car could be titled...

...by the serial number
            ...by the engine number
            ...by the year it was sold (buy your 2R in Oct. of '48 and it's a '48).

The NSRA is starting to back off just a little. I know Street Rodder is showing '50's and '60's cars in their mag too.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
            Tom - Valrico, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona - 289 4V, 4-Speed (Cost To Date: $1755.45)

Tom - Bradenton, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona - 289 4V, 4-Speed (Cost To Date: $2514.10)
            1964 Studebaker Commander - 170 1V, 3-Speed w/OD

Comment

Working...
            X