PDA

View Full Version : rear brake drum interchange

john Mitchell
08-18-2017, 05:21 PM
So,the drums on my 60 Lark wagon are beyond turning. Think I will go with Turner disc brakes on the front.
I have a set of rear fined drums and backing plates off a 63 Avanti.Will these fit a 60 Lark V8 rear end ? And will I have enough tire clearance in the wheel well since the drums look to be an inch taller.
Thanks,John

StudeRich
08-18-2017, 10:12 PM
These 11 Inch Finned Drums and complete Rear Brake System will be PERFECT for a Disc. Front brake System, that is what they were designed for, these are non-Self-Energizing Brakes and will not lock up or need an Equalizer Valve.

The Rear System Master Cylinder Port needs NO Residual Valve either the same as the Fronts and all Avantis.

Drums do not affect Tire/Wheel Height.

john Mitchell
08-19-2017, 10:04 AM
These 11 Inch Finned Drums and complete Rear Brake System will be PERFECT for a Disc. Front brake System, that is what they were designed for, these are non-Self-Energizing Brakes and will not lock up or need an Equalizer Valve.

The Rear System Master Cylinder Port needs NO Residual Valve either the same as the Fronts and all Avantis.

Drums do not affect Tire/Wheel Height.

thanks for the info. I understand about the height, I was concerned about the tire being further to the outside of the wheelwell because the drum is 4" versus 3"
John