No announcement yet.

'55 color combo that should have been?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• '55 color combo that should have been?

Originally posted by Jerry Forrester View Post
    I've long believed that Studebaker should have offered a Black and Red two tone color scheme in '55! Seeing the fresh coat of black on your coupe, Jerry, with the red on the front wheels, reminded me of this. In my opinion, such a paint scheme on a Speedster, with red leather and carpeting in the interior, would have been even more stunning than the Lemon Lime combination! I live with an excruciating sense of disappointment, because I believe I've never seen one done this way. Surely there are others, out there, with similar feelings or am I wrong?

Mark
    sigpic

S2Deluxe = (5H - C3).

They did...my uncle had a 55 President 2dr sedan (c/k)....so sexy!
    Lou Van Anne
    62 Champ
    64 R2 GT Hawk
    79 Avanti II

Comment

Originally posted by Lou Van Anne View Post
      They did...my uncle had a 55 President 2dr sedan (c/k)....so sexy!
      I'd love to see a picture, if anyone has one they can post??

Mark
      sigpic

S2Deluxe = (5H - C3).

Comment

Originally posted by S2Deluxe View Post
        I've long believed that Studebaker should have offered a Black and Red two tone color scheme in '55!/Cut/Mark
        So Hey, just BUILD ONE!

However Lou's Uncle's 2 Door Sedan (CK) can't happen, it had to be one or the other. "F", "C" or "K"?
        StudeRich
        Second Generation Stude Driver,
        Proud '54 Starliner Owner
        SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Originally posted by StudeRich View Post
          So Hey, just BUILD ONE!

However Lou's Uncle's 2 Door Sedan (CK) can't happen, it had to be one or the other. "F", "C" or "K"?
          That's much more easily said than done. If Lou could post a picture, we could see for ourselves.

Mark
          sigpic

S2Deluxe = (5H - C3).

Comment

Boring! You'd need a section of bright lime green to liven it up a bit!

(Just kidding).
            Diesel loving, autocrossing, Coupe express loving, Grandpa Architect.

Comment

Originally posted by S2Deluxe View Post
              I've long believed that Studebaker should have offered a Black and Red two tone color scheme in '55! Seeing the fresh coat of black on your coupe, Jerry, with the red on the front wheels, reminded me of this. In my opinion, such a paint scheme on a Speedster, with red leather and carpeting in the interior, would have been even more stunning than the Lemon Lime combination! I live with an excruciating sense of disappointment, because I believe I've never seen one done this way. Surely there are others, out there, with similar feelings or am I wrong?

Mark
              Those wheels are just roll-a-rounds. He's gonna get American Torque Thrusts when finished. 7X15 on the front and 8 1/2X15 on the rear.
              But you're right, those red wheels do look good. I think next week I'll paint the rear's red.
              Last edited by Jerry Forrester; 08-18-2017, 04:10 PM.
              Jerry Forrester
              Forrester's Chrome
              Douglasville, Georgia

See all of Buttercup's pictures at https://imgur.com/a/tBjGzTk

Comment

I have to agree with Mark, so did Studebaker, though it may have been a second-season option. Here's my Land Cruiser and an original ad.
                Attached Files

Comment

I saw a black and red 55 Commander hardtop in Spokane about 1981 or so at a zone meet. It was beautiful.
                  Bez Auto Alchemy
                  573-318-8948
                  http://bezautoalchemy.com

"Don't believe every internet quote" Abe Lincoln

Comment

Nice thing about paint it comes in all kinds of shades. S2 deluxe as studeRich said just build it. All it takes is money sometimes a whole bunch of it.

Comment

There was a black/red 55 Coupe that used to run around the Sacramento area waaaaay back in the day. The last I remember seeing it was in the late 80s.
                      sals54

Comment

Maybe someone was listening in 1956! Here's a 56J in Romany red and Midnight black (first two-tone color scheme) and a 56H in Midnight black and Romany red (first named colors on the bottoms).

Click image for larger version

Name:	56J in Romany red and Midnight black.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	179.2 KB
ID:	1715962

Click image for larger version

Name:	56H in Midnight Black and Romany Red.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	62.9 KB
ID:	1715963
                        Bill L.
                        1962 GT Hawk

Comment

Try Porsche Magenta and Black
                          My 1st car. "A TRANSTAR"

Starliner
                          sigpic
                          Somewhere between Culture and Agriculture
                          in the Geographic center of Tennessee

Comment

Originally posted by swvalcon View Post
                            Nice thing about paint it comes in all kinds of shades. S2 deluxe as studeRich said just build it. All it takes is money sometimes a whole bunch of it.
                            I've already spent a whole bunch on my '54 project and I still need to spend a whole bunch more, before it will be complete. I'm not sure if, adding yet another large drain on my finances, at this point is really the most ideal solution? Although,, perrhaps there is no one else, who would like to see it the same as I would?

Mark
                            Last edited by S2Deluxe; 08-20-2017, 09:20 PM.
                            sigpic

S2Deluxe = (5H - C3).

Comment

Ok, so Black and Red two tones were available in '55. I assume the answer is yes, but does anybody know, for sure, that a Speedster could have been ordered with such a color combination? And if so, were any ordered? If so, how many? If not, Why? If any were built, are there no pictures?

Mark
                              sigpic

S2Deluxe = (5H - C3).

Comment

Working...
                              X