Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

53/54 Coupe/Hardtop Louvered hood for trade.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 53/54 Coupe/Hardtop Louvered hood for trade.

Probably a long shot but... I have a louvered hood that I would trade for a normal hood or seats (coupe/hardtop). I would prefer a stock hood.

I'd trade my stock hood (53 Coupe) for a louvered one, but Boston is a long way from Florida - not sure on the logistics of it all.
    -------------------
    Daddy always said, if yer gonna be dumb, you gotta be tough & I\'m one tough sumbiatch!

Comment

Greyhound is a great option. Let me take a photo to show you how it looks. If you can take a photo, that would be great.

Comment

I'd say, take a weekend and meet around Raleigh, NC. and swap em out.
        sigpic1966 Daytona (The First One)
        1950 Champion Convertible
        1950 Champion 4Dr
        1955 President 2 Dr Hardtop
        1957 Thunderbird

Comment

DANG... Put me on the list too. I only have one good hood left, but I'm sure considering it. Send me a picture too. I'll send a PM
          sals54

Comment

Originally posted by thunderations View Post
            I'd say, take a weekend and meet around Raleigh, NC. and swap em out.
            Ha, no way. Greyhound is cheap!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Flat Ernie View Post
              I'd trade my stock hood (53 Coupe) for a louvered one, but Boston is a long way from Florida - not sure on the logistics of it all.
              Work it out with AllstonEP first, but if that doesn't pan out, we've got a rust free louvered one here in Gainesville that we'd trade for a rust free stock one.

Comment

Louvered hoods are usually a little on the fragile side. Not sure I would take the risk, but it's your hood and your money. Make sure you insure it well.
                Originally posted by AllstonEP View Post
                Ha, no way. Greyhound is cheap!!!
                sigpic1966 Daytona (The First One)
                1950 Champion Convertible
                1950 Champion 4Dr
                1955 President 2 Dr Hardtop
                1957 Thunderbird

Comment

Originally posted by AllstonEP View Post
                  Probably a long shot but... I have a louvered hood that I would trade for a normal hood or seats (coupe/hardtop). I would prefer a stock hood.
                  I'd be glad to trade the front and back seats with center arm rest ('53 or '55) out of Buttercup ('55 Commander 'C' Coupe) or Leo ('55 President 'K' Coupe) or the Racecar ('53 Commander 'C' Coupe).
                  I'll meet you half way and we can swap 'em out.
                  Jerry Forrester
                  Forrester's Chrome
                  Douglasville, Georgia

See all of Buttercup's pictures at https://imgur.com/a/tBjGzTk

Comment

Just took off on a 2-wk business trip - won't be back until the 1st. I can take a pic then...alternatively, I have pics of my car on my computer here.

Gainesville sure is a lot closer to me...
                    -------------------
                    Daddy always said, if yer gonna be dumb, you gotta be tough & I\'m one tough sumbiatch!

Comment

Comment

Looks like a workable hood. I din't see any rust through.
                        Jerry Forrester
                        Forrester's Chrome
                        Douglasville, Georgia

See all of Buttercup's pictures at https://imgur.com/a/tBjGzTk

Comment

I have at least three hanging in the rafters at my shop outside of Ocean City, MD. That's the good news. The bad news is I will not be back in that area till Columbus Day weekend. Let me know if you have interest.
                          ed ellis

sigpic

the "SUPER COUPE"

Comment

Working...
                          X