PDA

View Full Version : Studebaker Swap meet in Macungie Pa

bubbaten
08-14-2017, 09:35 AM
I attended the 3 day Das Awkscht Fescht in Macungie Pa . Sponsored by the Ontelaunee Region AACA
Friday is open to all, antique,Classic ,special interest,street rods,customs ,muscle cars ,Trucks ,Race cars Tractors ,equipment
Saturday Cars are parked in one of 6 classes depending on the year
Sunday Cars are parked by Make , There was only 8 studes showed up this year, Too many Metropolitans to count

The show has a huge craft show and many good food chooses , Variety of Live Bands in afternoon until 10 pm.
A community pool, $3.00 a day for seniors , $5.00 for rug rats and $8.00 for people.

I was selling raffle Tickets for the Keystone SDC 63 GT Hawk and had a chance to walk thru the swap meet area.
Vendor participation is down from past .
I asked the Meet Chairman, Matt Manwiller, if would be possible to have a All -Studebaker area in the Swap meet. He loves the Idea.
With York Swap meet over this maybe a location to have a swap meet at and socialize
The 2018 meet is scheduled for August 3,4,5 2018 .
Cost for a Out Door 20'x20' space(some 18"x18') is $60.00 for the 3 day event .Set up day is Weds Aug 2.
I believe a Idea like this was mentioned during the SYSM forum discussions.
Please let me know if this is a event you all would be interested in participating in
Web site www.awskscht.com

Thank You
Bob Sheaffer

jts359
08-14-2017, 11:37 AM
I would be interested , Macungie is a nice show , Ed

64gran turismo
08-14-2017, 01:56 PM
Right in my backyard, I would be interested.

rowan
08-14-2017, 04:21 PM
I would attend

Studebaker1965
08-14-2017, 04:25 PM
I would attend as well. Always wanted to go. I could also help organize if needed.

mbstude
08-14-2017, 05:10 PM
Hey Bob, is there any possibility of indoor vending spaces? If not, then there are a lot of vendors that wouldn't even consider it.

LarkTruck
08-14-2017, 07:01 PM
Not interested in vending or helping. Attend? Maybe, but doubtful. If I go to Macungie anymore it would be for the ATHS or Wheels of Time Rod & Custom Shows. And sadly even those, like Das Awkscht Fescht have seen their better days.
Studebaker Row? Nice thought, but I doubt it will work. Ever been at Macungie Park during a summer thunderstorm? Not fun!
Good luck with it Bob!
JS

studegary
08-14-2017, 07:14 PM
I remember going to this show 45-46 years ago and they didn't want to admit my 1953 Studebaker Commander Starliner (restoration not yet complete) in. They finally let me in (after I drove down from Hopewell Junction, NY). There were a lot of Studebakers there then. In later years, I went in a 1963 Studebaker Avanti. I haven't been there recently.

bubbaten
08-14-2017, 07:24 PM
No indoor spaces available, could rent tents ?????

stupak
08-14-2017, 08:24 PM
The Macungie flea market is a 'shell' of what it was even 3 years ago. I predict that within 5 years (probably sooner) the flea market will cease to exist. The Saturday car count is down as well. It 'may' survive, but questionable. Years ago when I was involved with the Studebaker Sunday car show, we routinely had over 100 Studebakers there, I think the record was 134. That was when we put an effort into it. However, the management of the show put so many restrictions on us (probably because we were drawing the number of cars we were) that I gave up. The Sunday show has gone downward since then. EIGHT cars this year???? stupak

LarkTruck
08-15-2017, 08:01 AM
The Macungie flea market is a 'shell' of what it was even 3 years ago. I predict that within 5 years (probably sooner) the flea market will cease to exist. The Saturday car count is down as well. It 'may' survive, but questionable. Years ago when I was involved with the Studebaker Sunday car show, we routinely had over 100 Studebakers there, I think the record was 134. That was when we put an effort into it. However, the management of the show put so many restrictions on us (probably because we were drawing the number of cars we were) that I gave up. The Sunday show has gone downward since then. EIGHT cars this year???? stupak

Yeah Stu,
In its heyday the Das Awkscht Fescht was once a great show for Studes. Many fond memories, thanks for all the effort you and Rich put into it!
Jim

raoul5788
08-15-2017, 08:35 AM
I attended the 3 day Das Awkscht Fescht in Macungie Pa . Sponsored by the Ontelaunee Region AACA
Friday is open to all, antique,Classic ,special interest,street rods,customs ,muscle cars ,Trucks ,Race cars Tractors ,equipment
Saturday Cars are parked in one of 6 classes depending on the year
Sunday Cars are parked by Make , There was only 8 studes showed up this year, Too many Metropolitans to count

The show has a huge craft show and many good food chooses , Variety of Live Bands in afternoon until 10 pm.
A community pool, $3.00 a day for seniors , $5.00 for rug rats and $8.00 for people.

I was selling raffle Tickets for the Keystone SDC 63 GT Hawk and had a chance to walk thru the swap meet area.
Vendor participation is down from past .
I asked the Meet Chairman, Matt Manwiller, if would be possible to have a All -Studebaker area in the Swap meet. He loves the Idea.
With York Swap meet over this maybe a location to have a swap meet at and socialize
The 2018 meet is scheduled for August 3,4,5 2018 .
Cost for a Out Door 20'x20' space(some 18"x18') is $60.00 for the 3 day event .Set up day is Weds Aug 2.
I believe a Idea like this was mentioned during the SYSM forum discussions.
Please let me know if this is a event you all would be interested in participating in
Web site www.awskscht.com

Thank You
Bob Sheaffer

The link doesn't work for me Bob.

stupak
08-15-2017, 09:43 AM
Bob S.: Seniors, $3.00. I don't think so. I've been asking for a senior rate for years. No go! stupak

bubbaten
08-16-2017, 08:30 AM
Okay Try www.awkscht.com I must have type something wrong

bubbaten
08-16-2017, 08:34 AM
I have membership form it states "Daily rates: Adults $7.00,Youth $5.00 Seniors $3.00, after 5 pm $3."
Guess your lobbying paid off.