PDA

View Full Version : '63 Bulletnose Lark "Suwannee Sightseeing & Cab" car - Restoration finished today

mbstude
08-10-2017, 03:33 PM
Stephen spent the last 3 days laboring over an extensive restoration of his favorite car. The sheetmetal was sanded down with 40 grit and a grinder (for the tough spots), and topped off with a can of NOS Studebaker Amazon Green enamel. New wheels, tires, hubcaps, seats, and carpet, and she's ready for her debut.

mbstude
08-10-2017, 04:09 PM
Here's a before picture for comparison.

Commander Eddie
08-10-2017, 04:21 PM
The yellow wheels are really the finishing touch. Now take this thing to the golf course and show folks what a real golf cart looks like. :!!:

62champ
08-10-2017, 04:25 PM
Hope it has twin traction or it is going to be a trench-digging machine from green to green... Will AC be a future upgrade - it does get pretty humid in that part of the world.

thunderations
08-10-2017, 04:32 PM
Without the "before" picture I had some concerns. After seeing what there was to start with, those concerns were confirmed. As a restoration mechanic, this creator would make a good plumber, or dog walker...................lol.
If we can't have fun.....what's left? Good job on your, ah, transportmobile thingy.

Studebakercenteroforegon
08-10-2017, 05:08 PM
A good reference on the fit of a 1961 hood to a '62 - '63 grille panel.
(Once I was looking at a '63 Daytona hardtop that obviously had a '61 hood. The seller claimed the car was 100% original and that was just the way they matched up.)

studefan
08-10-2017, 05:37 PM
Matt, that is awesome. I especially like the Jim Beam factory windshield washer bottle on the dash. As far as I recall, the best 18 holes of golf I ever played was while consuming a six pack. Never had lower scores before or after. :)

StudeRich
08-10-2017, 06:11 PM
That thing takes the Term "Rat Rod" to a whole New Level! :woot:

sweetolbob
08-10-2017, 06:27 PM
Uber as a second career?;)

SScopelli
08-10-2017, 06:57 PM
Nice, even a deluxe steering wheel and overdrive.

That thing takes the Term "Rat Rod" to a whole New Level! :woot:

Since you like rat rods and Bullet Noses..

https://phoenix.craigslist.org/cph/cto/d/studebaker-rat-rod/6255691709.html

https://images.craigslist.org/00606_iYHLBDSV7or_1200x900.jpg

kamzack
08-10-2017, 07:40 PM
Dem boys Stephen Cade and Matt Burnett are not just exactly correct. Too much Kool Ade or not nuf Gatorade. You guys are having way too much fun and I want it to stop, right now! Unless I get a ride.
Kim

Milaca
08-10-2017, 09:37 PM
I like it Matt, but I cant help but think that the rear half of a Dodge/Champ bed would look great on there....although the rear visibility may be hindered by the over width bed.

Buzzard
08-11-2017, 11:49 AM
Matt, Now I know you Florida guys have waaay too much spare time on your hands. The Jim Beam bottle holder is a nice touch.
Enjoy your ride!!
Bill

mbstude
08-11-2017, 02:58 PM
Will AC be a future upgrade - it does get pretty humid in that part of the world.

It had AC at one point, but not any longer. We have no plans of putting it back on; we wouldn't want to be frivolous.

Matt, that is awesome. I especially like the Jim Beam factory windshield washer bottle on the dash.

I was wondering if someone would notice that. We need to get a long curvy straw so you don't have to take your hands off the wheel to have a drink.

Nice, even a deluxe steering wheel and overdrive.

Well, it did, until someone sold the OD solenoid.

Dem boys Stephen Cade and Matt Burnett are not just exactly correct. Too much Kool Ade or not nuf Gatorade. You guys are having way too much fun and I want it to stop, right now! Unless I get a ride.

Kim, don't just blame me and Stephen.. Derwood got in on it too. But you can ride in it anytime. You can even drive it. Just find your way to Florida sometime. We're hosting the Southeast Zone Meet in April, and you bet this car will be there. You should come on down.

In all seriousness... Stephen has a little house along the Suwannee River. For the last few years, this car has stayed there and has been his weekend transportation. The house was flooded last year during a hurricane, and has since been remodeled. It was decided that since the house is looking so nice, the car needed to be brought up to the same standard. We've all had a lot of fun with it.

8E45E
08-11-2017, 04:47 PM
You can even drive it. Just find your way to Florida sometime. We're hosting the Southeast Zone Meet in April, and you bet this car will be there.

Matt,

Are you going to drive your grandma to church on Sunday in that?

Craig

Jett289
08-11-2017, 04:58 PM
I'm a little upset with how very little info is given on the mechanics of this masterpiece!!! hehe
Supercharged 170 6 cylinder ? Disc Brakes ?
I'm not much for golf but I would go if that were my golf cart ..

mbstude
08-11-2017, 07:46 PM
I'm a little upset with how very little info is given on the mechanics of this masterpiece!!! hehe
Supercharged 170 6 cylinder ? Disc Brakes ?
I'm not much for golf but I would go if that were my golf cart ..

It's an OHV 6 with a 3 speed. Anything more powerful would probably be dangerous. Though we've been talking about swapping in an R1 if the six gives out.

rockinhawk
08-13-2017, 08:17 AM
Matt,

Are you going to drive your grandma to church on Sunday in that?

CraigBelieve me! I know his Grandma. She would climb into that thing in the blink of an eye, smiling and waving all the way to Church.

Colgate Studebaker
08-13-2017, 08:53 PM
Wow, what an entertaining thread! I need to take it for a ride next time we're UP there. Is Derwood jealous of the paint job? Enjoy, Bill.

S2Deluxe
08-13-2017, 10:09 PM
Is Derwood jealous of the paint job? Enjoy, Bill.

Or just the rear bumper patina?

Mark

mbstude
08-14-2017, 06:03 AM
Is Derwood jealous of the paint job? Enjoy, Bill.

This car has definitely raised the standard for all of the other cars here.

He can't be jealous since the yellow wheels were his contribution.

mbstude
08-14-2017, 12:42 PM
The vinyl lettering came in today. Now we're all official.

wittsend
08-14-2017, 01:22 PM
South Bend is beaming with pride and the city officials are gearing up for a resurrection of their auto industry. Truly a slap in the face styling-wise to those "Lambo" golf carts. And as long as you can properly account for the removed pieces it will likely score points with the "green" recycle people too! I just hope the spotted owl people aren't upset about the wooden "trunk." Those OSHA approved fender edges guards show that safety is paramount. Lastly, any Millennial would be thrilled to know that bullet nose has to improve Wi/Fi reception. Will the top be available in different colors? :D

8E45E
08-14-2017, 01:23 PM
That is a good, multi-purpose vehicle.

There is also room on that wooden rear deck for a couple of Clarke floor buffers so the janitors can use it in the evenings to make the rounds and wax the floors in all the out-buildings and storage sheds after-hours.

Craig