No announcement yet.

Heater Duct/plenum/box differences ???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heater Duct/plenum/box differences ???

I have a real nice apron mounted p-glass heater duct/box out of a 59' Lark wagon. Will it work in a Champ truck ? There are different part numbers. Mounting location/holes/cable length ???

I wonder if it is the same part but different part numbers from cars to trucks... Wonder if maybe the mounting holes from the heater valve might have changed from 59 to 60.

Comment

All I know is S.I. and I both sell the same 1549706 Car Heater Core Cover Box for both '59-'60 Lark and all Champs, I am pretty sure if there is a minor difference the Repro. ones fit both and you probably could make the OEM ones fit both.
      StudeRich
      Second Generation Stude Driver,
      Proud '54 Starliner Owner
      SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

I thought those were just about the best design for making a core swap easy.
        Brad Johnson,
        SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
        Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
        '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
        '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

Originally posted by rockne10 View Post
          You are right about that, many New Cars require removing the ENTIRE Dash!
          My '86 Ford Turbo Coupe did, with all the fancy accessories and their huge amount of wiring, that was a big, expensive job.
          StudeRich
          Second Generation Stude Driver,
          Proud '54 Starliner Owner
          SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Originally posted by rockne10 View Post
            Plus you have the added advantage if the core (or even the hoses running to and from) starts to leak, it does not do it on the floor board or anywhere else inside the vehicle...

Comment

I believe the 1959 plenum box did not have a replaceable mesh filter, whereas the 1960 did. Thus the 1960 Lark and all Champ pickups will have the slotted feature for the filter. Thus, they are interchangeable, just either with or without the mesh filter.

Comment

Working...
              X