1963 Lark Convertible, R2 automatic available in Colorado

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1963 Lark Convertible, R2 automatic available in Colorado

1963 Lark Convertible, R2 with an automatic. The build sheet pictured shows s/n 63V 10598, and JTS 1279.

Mark L

Say, that's pretty cool, Mark; thanks.

That was an unusual (and pretty, IMHO) color combination when built: Rose Mist with Chestnut Vinyl Seats having White Vinyl inserts (Trim Code 9481). Someone went to a lot of trouble to make the interior all black.

(No, I can't explain the 4-bbl carb option specified. Maybe it was supposed to go in the trunk for another application! ) BP
    We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

This one has had the Power Shift added and a Complete Bucket Seat Black, Daytona Interior, and or a LOT of Black Dye.

Bob, I have seen these typo duplications before where the typist on the line-a-type got confused adding items that came with another option or a Package.

Like the PO's you've probably seen that say: "Disc Brakes" and on another line: "Power Brakes", or "6.40X15 Firestone White Wall Tires" and then "White Sidewall Tires".
      StudeRich
      Second Generation Stude Driver,
      Proud '54 Starliner Owner
      SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Interesting method of trying g to sell a car: "Testing the waters to possibly selling it ! "
        Paul
        Winston-Salem, NC
        Visit The Studebaker Skytop Registry website at: www.studebakerskytop.com
        Check out my YouTube channel here: https://www.youtube.com/user/r1lark

Comment

Originally posted by r1lark View Post
          Why do people "advertise" a car this way? "Testing the waters to possibly selling it ! "

Kinda like saying "Call me and stroke my ego with all your sky high offers!" Either someone is going to sell something, or they aren't. And if they are, put a price on it.

Disclaimer: my opinion only, and does not reflect the position of SDC, this forum, Craigslist, the Special Prosecuter, North Korea, or the United Nations.
          It's not your opinion alone, Paul; I concur; if it's For Sale, it's For Sale...otherwise, it isn't For Sale. That seems simple enough! BP
          We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Originally posted by StudeRich View Post
            This one has had the Power Shift added and a Complete Bucket Seat Black, Daytona Interior, and or a LOT of Black Dye.

Bob, I have seen these typo duplications before where the typist on the line-a-type got confused adding items that came with another option or a Package.

Like the PO's you've probably seen that say: "Disc Brakes" and on another line: "Power Brakes", or "6.40X15 Firestone White Wall Tires" and then "White Sidewall Tires".
            Right. How about the several P.Os. we've seen where an oil bath air cleaner is specified for an R-series engine, Rich? BP

Comment

Originally posted by BobPalma View Post
              ...That was an unusual (and pretty, IMHO) color combination when built: Rose Mist with Chestnut Vinyl Seats having White Vinyl inserts (Trim Code 9481). Someone went to a lot of trouble to make the interior all black.
              Agree.. That car would look way better painted back to Rose Mist. Larks 59 to 63 just don't really appeal to me in Red, with the exception of the "Tomato!"

Nice hole in the top..

If you wondering what that noise is under the hood, could be the unattached air-cleaner or the battery with no hold down.
              It's a 289, so paint the engine Ford Red?

The skirt on the steering column is probably hiding the PNDLR shifter.

Comment

You can buy this lark for a cool 70000.00 it was on craigslist before posted for sale with a number to call for a price

Comment

I called for the price as I was curious. When I asked, the owner said he was thinking $65,000. I asked how he arrived at that price and he said a few Studebaker people called him and told him it was worth that much. I suppose since folks saw the black 7000 mile 63 R2 convertible sell at Mecum for $65,000 a month or so ago, they think that all 63 R2 converts are worth that amount. Although this red one is a rare car, there is a world of difference between the two cars in regards to condition and value.

Comment

I was thinking about calling on this car but if he has a number like that in mind for a car that needs a complete restoration, there is no need for me to waste my time.
                    Wayne
                    "Trying to shed my CASO ways"

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                    X