Studebaker original information

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Studebaker original information

Hi, I am looking to find out the original dealer and purchaser of my 61 Hawk. Does any one have any info. On where I should look?
    Thank you

Original production orders are available from the Studebaker National Museum. It MAY contain info on the city of destination and maybe the dealer's name. It will not tell you who bought the car, and it is unlikely that info is available anywhere, unless the dealer is still in business and has kept their records.

Dive into the history of your vehicle with a Studebaker production order. Learn more about your vehicle's original configuration so that your restoration projects proceeds in perfect order!
    Skip Lackie

Comment

Sometimes the line ticket / production order will list the name of the dealer where the car was first shipped. If you go to the Studebaker National Museum website, you can order a copy.

The production order will cost $33.00. For an additional $33.00, you can get the "Plus" package which will have copies of available documentation for your car.

https://www.studebakermuseum.org/store/studebaker-production-orders

(Skip and I were responding at the same time)
      Mark L

Comment

Once you have your production order I can do an authentic looking window price sticker.

Click image for larger version

Name:	61 hawk wps harding proof.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	112.3 KB
ID:	1715864
        Richard Quinn
        Editor emeritus: Antique Studebaker Review

Comment

Thank you for the info and the link. I have ordered the plus pkg. as I already had the production order. I placed a call to the museum as well to see if they had any further info. as to the original owner and am waiting on a return call.

Burt

Comment

Thank you Skip for your info. I have now ordered the Plus pkg. as I already had the production order and have called the museum to see if they could possibly have the remaining info. that I need to register my Hawk.

Comment

I once contacted the museum to see if they could come up with a listing of the Studebakers that were sold new by my father's dealership....they couldn't.
              Lou Van Anne
              62 Champ
              64 R2 GT Hawk
              79 Avanti II

Comment

Working...
              X