Ford 15" Interchange Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wheels / Tires: Ford 15" Interchange Question

Is there a Ford 15" wheel to which a Studebaker Speedster wire hub cap and basket will fit to?

Due to the deeper dish of the wheel, I doubt that you will find a bolt on application. Perhaps with longer wheel studs you could make something work by using a spacer between the lug nuts and a locking nut to secure the basket.
    sigpic1966 Daytona (The First One)
    1950 Champion Convertible
    1950 Champion 4Dr
    1955 President 2 Dr Hardtop
    1957 Thunderbird

Comment

There are a number of threads about the Ford wheels here and after reading them I went to a number of tire vendors and junk yards to find one for my spare tire. They all said they had sold all of the old steel wheels to scrap yards for the steel price. I finally ordered a new one from Coker, part # OEPR155SF300, that works great and although I won't be using a wheel cover for the spare in the trunk I just went out to the car and checked the fit and a stock AC-2799 wheel cover does fit. The posts I read about the Ford wheels also said the lug nuts were larger for them. The Studebaker lug nuts seem to fit the Coker wheel fine.

Comment

Needing The Ford wheels is a moot point, now...the Stock Studebaker Sky Hawk 15'' wheels clear my Disc Brake conversion with room to spare...

Comment

Working...
        X