64 gt hawk vin #

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 64 gt hawk vin #

Look at hawk today,vin#64v3380,body#64v-k6,engine#r1865.I know the engine #means its R1 engine,it has a grille R1 badge but no side fender emblems.Does the vin#tell you what month it was built.

The Serial Number is not coded as to month of production.

However, I can tell you the car was built on August 29, 1963; an early-production 1964 model year Hawk.

Engine #R1865 would have been shipped in an Avanti, not a Hawk. A 1964-production R1 engine for a Hawk built August 29 would have had an engine number like JTH327 or JTH328. BP
    We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Thanks Bob,does that bring the value down because its not a factory installed engine.

Comment

Originally posted by 64gran turismo View Post
        Thanks Bob. Does that bring the value down because it's not a factory-installed engine?
        Yes and no. That car was not built with an R-series engine; just a "regular" 289.

If it now has a genuine Avanti R1 in it with all the proper fitments for an R1-powered Hawk, it might even enhance the value.

It kind of depends on the car's overall condition and who is buying it. It might be a wash as to value up or down because of the different engine and would be hard to "say." I'd imagine opinions on this would be all over. BP
        We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

I would say it depends on how they're trying to sell it.....

Comment

Originally posted by Mrs K Corbin View Post
            I would say it depends on how they're trying to sell it.....
            Yes, if it is being marketed as an original R-engined car, it is not. The car's original engine number was PK326. It originally had 4-bbl carburetor Option #30. BP

Comment

Working...
            X