Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New TV Show about restoring classic Cars on Discovery Channel

Breaking News -NOW 07/31/2017 10:00 PM
    The New Show "Carspotting" airs tonight at 7:00 Eastern and 10:00 PDT on Discovery Channel.

This is all filmed right here in Bellingham/Lynden/Ferndale area of Whatcom County, Northwestern Washington.

A Bellingham man who turned his passion for classic cars into a business now has his own TV show.
    Carlos Becerra is the host of “Carspotting,” which starts a six-episode run on Discovery Channel beginning at 10 p.m. Monday. Leftfield Pictures, the same studio responsible for reality shows like “Pawn Stars” and “Alone,” is producing it.
    Becerra, 25, runs two businesses – Imports & Classics and Cascadia Customs – from the former Pioneer Ford location in Lynden. The show follows his day job of hunting down old cars, restoring and selling them.
    The show also features Becerra’s brother Pedro and their friend Niko Weaver, described as a “car savant” by Discovery Channel, who help “hunt and flip hidden relics to their former glory,” according to a news release.

Who knows a Studebaker presence could happen in one of the 6 episodes!
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner
    SDC Member Since 1967

Originally posted by StudeRich View Post

Who knows a Studebaker presence could happen in one of the 6 episodes!
    Indeed.
    If one were to look quick-- they'd have seen a '62 Lark once or twice...

It's kinda weird seeing places I know on tv.
    StudeDave '57
    US Navy (retired)

3rd Generation Stude owner/driver
    SDC Member since 1985

past President
    Whatcom County Chapter SDC
    San Diego Chapter SDC

past Vice President
    San Diego Chapter SDC
    North Florida Chapter SDC

Comment

I certainly hope the program will include something more than everyday "belly button" presentations shown by the contrived drama junk merchants currently being blasted across the airwaves. After all...how many Mustangs & Camaros can you watch before falling asleep or changing the channel?????
      John Clary
      Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

They did a 70 'Cuda last night. The show included buying and selling a couple of rusty Camaro's and crushing a moss covered Lotus. The 'Cuda turned out nice with a price of $65K.

As far as destination watching, just to much cookie-cutter like a few other shows that spend more time with personalities and schmultz than car building. I know this shows my age but it has little to differentiate it from other shows of the same ilk.

Better to watch Speed is the new Black. Bob

Comment

I'm glad I don't pay for the big cable tv packages.....these shows are very disappointing. 10 minutes of commercials for every 5 minutes of show....and of the 5 minutes, 3 are spent goofing off.....so you wind up with about 4 minutes of something that "might" be interesting to a car guy for every 30 minutes setting on the couch......not a good use of time to me....
          Mike Sal

Comment

Originally posted by sweetolbob View Post
            They did a 70 'Cuda last night. The show included buying and selling a couple of rusty Camaro's and crushing a moss covered Lotus. The 'Cuda turned out nice with a price of $65K.
            Funny story--- the guy that bought the Camaros did so a few years ago.
            He lives around the corner from me.
            One of the cars is already back on the road...

StudeDave '57
            StudeDave '57
            US Navy (retired)

3rd Generation Stude owner/driver
            SDC Member since 1985

past President
            Whatcom County Chapter SDC
            San Diego Chapter SDC

past Vice President
            San Diego Chapter SDC
            North Florida Chapter SDC

Comment

Originally posted by StudeDave57 View Post
              Funny story--- the guy that bought the Camaros did so a few years ago.
              He lives around the corner from me.
              One of the cars is already back on the road...
              Now that would be a build I like to see. It wasn't clear how much came with the Camaros. I don't think I saw a dog house on either but when they were sold the young feller said he'd load up the bodies and other parts so there may have been more that met the eye. Hopefully, a Stude or two will appear and I'll watch it.

Bob

Comment

Working...
              X