Help identifying 57 GH weatherstrip piece

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Body / Glass: Help identifying 57 GH weatherstrip piece

I am finally installing the various weatherstrip pieces on my 57 Golden Hawk. I received a weatherstrip kit from SI which included a diagram of the various pieces, but this piece doesn't show on the diagram and I can't seem to find it illustrated in the parts book. I have tried to get help from SI in the past and they want to know the part number. If I knew that I wouldn't need help. It is 5 1/8" long. Help!
    Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC01800.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	39.9 KB
ID:	1755417Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC01802.jpg
Size:	51.1 KB
ID:	1755418Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC01804.jpg
Size:	32.6 KB
ID:	1755419

Do you have 2 of them and are they right and left?

I think these go along bottom of the vent windows between the vent frame and the door....

Jeff in ND

Comment

Yes Jeff, there are a left and right. I see a 307546 & 7. item 2321-79 in figure 23-24 that must be them but the picture of them looks different. I looked at the list SI provided and they included 304068 & 9 which the parts book says don't go on a Golden Hawk. I will call SI and see what the deal is. Thanks for your help.

Comment

I talked to SI and the parts are correct. They don't go under the vent window frame, but alongside the front inside bottom. After re-reading Jeff's post I think that is what he was trying to explain to me.

Comment

No, they go along the OUTSIDE the bottom from the front edge of the door along the vent frame stainless, and are pinched between the door, and stainless. The top part that hangs over the door top edge usually dry rots and is missing on most cars we see.
          I hope this helps.Click image for larger version

Name:	64bodmp152.jpg
Views:	5
Size:	109.4 KB
ID:	1715803
          Last edited by bezhawk; 08-01-2017, 03:23 PM.
          Bez Auto Alchemy
          573-318-8948
          http://bezautoalchemy.com

"Don't believe every internet quote" Abe Lincoln

Comment

Working...
          X