53 - 55 C and K registry starting up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 53 - 55 C and K registry starting up

I have agreed to take this on. If you have 53, 54 or 55 coupe or hardtop you would like to record on the registry send me the info at:

5355ckregistry@gmail.com

I am brand new at this but will give it my best shot. Bring'em on.
    Don Wilson, Centralia, WA

40 Champion 4 door*
    50 Champion 2 door*
    53 Commander K Auto*
    53 Commander K overdrive*
    55 President Speedster
    62 GT 4Speed*
    63 Avanti R1*
    64 Champ 1/2 ton

* Formerly owned

Has anyone tried using a wiki to maintain a registry, or some other type of self service web application?
    64 Avanti R1 R5529

Comment

Originally posted by ddub View Post
      I have agreed to take this on. If you have 53, 54 or 55 coupe or hardtop you would like to record on the registry send me the info at:

5355ckregistry@gmail.com

I am brand new at this but will give it my best shot. Bring'em on.
      I remember, sometime back, in the late eighties maybe? A fellow named Dennis Hommel, was it, who was compiling just such a registry of '53 - '55 C&K bodies? I think there were about 180 or so cars on it, of which my (5H - C3) was one? Does no record of that registry exist any longer?

Mark
      sigpic

S2Deluxe = (5H - C3).

Comment

I bought all of Dennis' cars, parts, literature, etc. from his family after he passed away in the late 1990's. The roster was limited to 53-54 coupes and hardtops but included with what I purchased. I believe I sent the roster and related material to Paul Johnson (53k). I could be wrong. It's happened before.
        Dick Steinkamp
        Bellingham, WA

Comment

Originally posted by Dick Steinkamp View Post
          I bought all of Dennis' cars, parts, literature, etc. from his family after he passed away in the late 1990's. The roster was limited to 53-54 coupes and hardtops but included with what I purchased. I believe I sent the roster and related material to Paul Johnson (53k). I could be wrong. It's happened before.
          Thanks, your right Dick, it was just '53 - '54 C&Ks! My recollection was a little off. Now that the '55s are beeing included as well, what about the Speedsters, that already have their own registry? To me it seems it would be better to exclude those cars from this one, rather than trying to list each on two separate registries?

Mark
          Last edited by S2Deluxe; 07-30-2017, 01:13 PM.
          sigpic

S2Deluxe = (5H - C3).

Comment

Mark,
            Is there a Speedster registry? That's how I got into managing the 53-55 C/K registry. I wrote to see if there was a place to register my "new" Speedster and was told there was not but I could manage one if I wanted too. If there is an active Speedster registry I certainly don't want to duplicate that effort.

40 Champion 4 door*
            50 Champion 2 door*
            53 Commander K Auto*
            55 President Speedster
            62 GT 4Speed*
            63 Avanti R1*
            64 Champ 1/2 ton

* Formerly owned

Comment

Mark,
              Is there a Speedster registry? That's how I got into managing the 53-55 C/K registry. I wrote to see if there was a place to register my "new" Speedster and was told there was not but I could manage one if I wanted too. If there is an active Speedster registry I certainly don't want to duplicate that effort.
              Isn't that what Ed (SN-60) Capozzi is referring to here on this thread?

Originally posted by SN-60 View Post
              Thanks to an eagle-eyed Studebaker Forum friend from Maine, we have TWO more Speedsters entering the roster index!..........1) serial # 7159832, body # 6HK7 719...MANUAL SHIFT!!, Velvet Black/Shasta White.

and......2) serial# 7160717 Hialeah Green/Sun Valley Yellow, automatic.

Both of these President Speedsters are in the Hackenberger auction, Norwalk, Ohio, and they both apparently need full restorations.
              Or am I missing some kind of distinction somewhere?

Mark
              Last edited by S2Deluxe; 07-30-2017, 04:44 PM.
              sigpic

S2Deluxe = (5H - C3).

Comment

If someone knows specifics about a Speedster registry let me know.

40 Champion 4 door*
                50 Champion 2 door*
                53 Commander K Auto*
                55 President Speedster
                62 GT 4Speed*
                63 Avanti R1*
                64 Champ 1/2 ton

* Formerly owned

Comment

"SN60" is not Ed Reynolds. He's Ed Capozzi, and he's been banned from the forum.

If someone knows specifics about a Speedster registry let me know.
                  Capozzi claimed to have been maintaining a roster on Speedsters, but he never published it or shared it with anyone else.

Comment

Thanks, Matt.

40 Champion 4 door*
                    50 Champion 2 door*
                    53 Commander K Auto*
                    55 President Speedster
                    62 GT 4Speed*
                    63 Avanti R1*
                    64 Champ 1/2 ton

* Formerly owned

Comment

Originally posted by mbstude View Post
                      "SN60" is not Ed Reynolds. He's Ed Capozzi, and he's been banned from the forum.

Capozzi claimed to have been maintaining a roster on Speedsters, but he never published it or shared it with anyone else.
                      Oops, Thank you so much for the correction! I'm sorry for making such a foolish error. I wanted to believe the roster was for real. I don't know why I'm so gullible sometimes? I'll edit my post, to correct the error, right away and again Thank you!

Mark
                      Last edited by S2Deluxe; 07-30-2017, 04:50 PM.
                      sigpic

S2Deluxe = (5H - C3).

Comment

SN60 (Ed C.) is maintaining an active Speedster registry. He is very forthcoming with his info. I guess he can't post but can reply.
                        Toby Knoll Garage

www.tobyknollgarage.com
                        ______

'51 Muntz Jet
                        '53 Woodill Wildfire/Dodge
                        '54 Hudson Hornet Grand National Tribute car
                        '55 Studebaker Speedster/Cadillac
                        '56 Corvette SR replica

Comment

Don and mark ;
                          In my research of active registries with Mark Wheeler there were no registry for the 55 speedsters . And after several discussions on the dead registries it was decided that some should be combined as is the 53-55 C&K one is that you are doing Don with our thanks . The 61-63 Lark series that I manage is another . There are still too many vehicles now that are not represented by a registry . I have tried to contact most of the managers of these registries and in most cases was told that they were no longer doing them and don't think anyone is . It took us several months to find which ones were still active and who was managing it before we put the updated lists . Active and non-active registries . I hope this will put some insight as to how these registries were put on the current up dated list .Any one interested in which registries are vacant I have the list and would be happy to share it with anyone interested in managing one .

Old Fart Terry not4u@nlis.ca

Comment

Working...
                          X