84 Avanti wheel bearing spacer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brakes: 84 Avanti wheel bearing spacer

I have read that 84-85 Avantis used a spacer on the inner wheel bearing to move the race towards the seal. Where can they be bought ?

So I thought I would pass this along, I am building a 47 M5 Gasser style and am just in the mocking up getting things together stage. So I have a Moser 60 to go under the rear and it has 5 x 4.75 bolt pattern. I have been giving some thought to the front brakes and this is what I am working with right now. The axle is a Champ and it uses the same wheel bearings as a 75 Camaro. So I got a new Camaro rotor and it should work with a few additions. One being the spacer to move the inner race out a little. The other would be a spacer for the nut due to the threads being a little short. I found a grease seal that fits both the rotor and the spindle and it runs in the right place ( white lube in the photo ) so that is good. I still have to come up with some caliper brackets but I don't see that being a problem. I know there are kits on the market but I will see what I can come up with on my own. I was pretty happy the rotor fits as well as it does. It leaves the wheel track the same as the drums also.
    Attached Files

Comment

Just, 70 Dodge Charger discs bolt right on to the Champ spuds with a swap of inner bearings and oil seals. I use the Willwood hubs that have the dual bolt pattern, that are lighter than stock, but you have to make a caliper bracket that is a little larger than the one for the stock 70 Dodge to Stude.

Comment

Originally posted by Alan View Post
        Just, 70 Dodge Charger discs bolt right on to the Champ spuds with a swap of inner bearings and oil seals. I use the Willwood hubs that have the dual bolt pattern, that are lighter than stock, but you have to make a caliper bracket that is a little larger than the one for the stock 70 Dodge to Stude.
        Thanks Alan,
        I will have to get one and try it. What did you use for calipers and brackets ?

Comment

Used the stock 70 Charger calipers and made my own simple dog bone bracket. Had all the pics. up on Photobucket but they did a number on me.

Comment

Working...
          X