PDA

View Full Version : 1963 Avanti

Old Radio Tech
07-28-2017, 03:20 PM
For Sale in Anchorage at United Auto Sales (www.alaskaunitedauto.com (http://www.alaskaunitedauto.com)), 1963 Avanti, Supercharged V8, AT, A/C 130,000 miles, VIN 63R3108. $34995.

DEEPNHOCK
07-28-2017, 03:44 PM
I wonder if you could take a cruise ship up there, pick up the car, and put it on the cruise ship for the return to the lower 48...

bumpkinvilledano
07-29-2017, 07:07 AM
The ad shows that the Avanti has AC. Being new to Studebakers, I thought you couldn't get AC on a supercharged engine?

07-29-2017, 07:26 AM
The ad shows that the Avanti has AC. Being new to Studebakers, I thought you couldn't get AC on a supercharged engine?
The factory didn't offer AC on supercharged Avantis, but a number of owners have added it. With the nice small Sanden compressors it isn't too hard. Interestingly though, 1958 Golden Hawks were available with factory air. Talk about a crowded engine compartment- big compressor, supercharger, hydrovac brake booster, power steering pump/generator (the power steering and generator were one unit with the power steering pump at the rear part of the generator).

bumpkinvilledano
07-29-2017, 07:47 AM
The factory didn't offer AC on supercharged Avantis, but a number of owners have added it. With the nice small Sanden compressors it isn't too hard. Interestingly though, 1958 Golden Hawks were available with factory air. Talk about a crowded engine compartment- big compressor, supercharger, hydrovac brake booster, power steering pump/generator (the power steering and generator were one unit with the power steering pump at the rear part of the generator).

Thanks for the info. I expanded the pictures in the ad and didn't see either a compressor or an "under dash" unit.

Guido
07-29-2017, 08:43 PM
Thanks for the info. I expanded the pictures in the ad and didn't see either a compressor or an "under dash" unit.

The Avanti had built in vents, no under dash unit needed.