PDA

View Full Version : Grille material needed

Jimmie
07-23-2017, 09:36 PM
I am interested in adding grille material in the space around the front parking lights on my 62GT. I would like to have the same material as in the 62GT grille. However, if someone has another idea I am interested in that too. Thank you to anyone who can help me with ideas.

Jimmie:)

StudeNewby
07-23-2017, 10:33 PM
Interesting idea, Jimmie! Let us know how it turns out.

jts359
07-24-2017, 08:14 AM
You could try the grid material they use on fluorescent ceiling lights and you can get it in a few different finishes including chrome , Its not to expensive either

56GH
07-28-2017, 01:47 PM
I am interested in adding grille material in the space around the front parking lights on my 62GT. I would like to have the same material as in the 62GT grille. However, if someone has another idea I am interested in that too. Thank you to anyone who can help me with ideas.

Jimmie:)

Lots of different materials available. Try Binging, "square perforated stainless steel sheet"

Bill L.

r1lark
07-28-2017, 03:55 PM
John Mayer of Long Island NY did the same thing that you are thinking of, using the '62 grille mesh. His car was featured in the big Studebaker Hawk issue of Special Interest Auto (Nov/Dec 1974). Here is the car on the cover:

StudeRich
07-29-2017, 03:09 AM
Yeah, better to leave well enough alone. :(

Jimmie
08-03-2017, 10:05 PM
Does anyone have an old grille with the same pattern as that of the 62 GT? Of course I want there to be enough fairly straight material to be able to make the 2 pieces as mentioned at the beginning of this thread. However, I am interested in a picture of almost any grille that matches the 62GT that anyone might want to sell to me. I do not mind if I have to spend a lot of time cleaning, straightening, and painting as long as I can create what I want. Send a picture and if it looks acceptable I will pay postage and a reasonable amount for it.

Thank you to anyone who can help.
Jimmie