PDA

View Full Version : Body: Removal of duct between vent and interior on '50

fpstude
07-19-2017, 10:01 PM
What you are looking at is the rear section of the duct between the fender vent door and the car interior on a '50 Champion. Is there a simple way to remove this section. It doesn't want to slip behind the body sections. It seems strange to have to partially remove the fender to remove this item. I've done this 30 years ago on our Starlight Coupe, but I don't remember this problem.

In advance, thanks,

http://i130.photobucket.com/albums/p276/fpstude/IMG_2475%20copy_zps9ewdxshi.jpg (http://s130.photobucket.com/user/fpstude/media/IMG_2475%20copy_zps9ewdxshi.jpg.html)

RadioRoy
07-19-2017, 11:18 PM
Is it possible that the sheet metal part is just rusted in place?

Or, could there be a screw head somewhere that has partially rusted away - so that you can't see it, but it's still holding the part in place?

It could be the remnants of the gasket that have turned to goo and are holding the sheet metal in place.

I'm liking the goo theory at this point in time.

fpstude
07-20-2017, 01:25 AM
More information could have been provided. The rear section is loose, it just won't slide out, either up or down.

StudeRich
07-20-2017, 02:41 AM
Pry it to the rear of the Car away from the Fender and the Cowl that last 3/4 Inch and then it will fall out, the rubber seal is glued or stuck to the metal.

unclemiltie
07-20-2017, 07:55 AM
I just removed one. Push up on it from the bottom. The top is wider so you have to push up and over the top of the attachments on the body and fender

az64stude
07-20-2017, 06:45 PM
You may need to loosen the 5 fender bolts. You should be able to remove the duct by tapping duct with small block of wood, tap the part closest to fender first it has a larger section that needs to clear outer fender the inner side kick panel area should clear once the outer is pushed towards the door post. Good Luck

fpstude
07-20-2017, 08:25 PM
Thanks to all. Knowing it could go over the top I just pushed harder and it was out. On to more difficult to remove, rusted bolts.