Classic Car Weekend for the Ages

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Classic Car Weekend for the Ages

In the Phoenix area this weekend: Grand Canyon Chapter SDC Winter Celebration hosted by national SDC Vice President, Richard Dormois. Car show, swap meet, luncheon, tech session, ladies' seminar, national foundation board meeting.
    While Barrett-Jackson is the big name auction, the are 6 , count 'em, 6 other classic auctions: International Classic, Russo and Steele Collector, RM Automobiles, Silver, Gooding and Co., and Kruse International.
    Hard to imagine more classics in the same area on a weekend anywhere in the country. Happens every January in beautiful Arizona winter climate.

Tim-53 Studebird in Yuma, AZ
    Tim-'53 Starlight Commander Custom in Yuma, AZ
    jimsrodshop.com/project/53-resurrection

Tim, you are correct there are a total of 7 Auctions and all have at least one Studebaker in each one. There are at least 7 Studebaker trucks to include M series, T-Cab and a Coupe Express. Silver has the most Studebakers with 8 listed. RM hs a 58 Packard Hawk and there is one very special Lincoln for sale in the desert this year. It is one of 5 designed and this one owned by none other than Raymond Loewy. Look for more on this one in a future issue of the Avanti Magazine. Auction frezy is alive and well in the land of the sun. The Messa show is a great one and with many great people from all over the country looking to escape the cold. Look up the pfahlers and tell them I say "Hello". They will know who said to say that.

See you in the future as I write about our past
    sigpicSee you in the future as I write about our past

Comment

Tim, you are correct there are a total of 7 Auctions and all have at least one Studebaker in each one. There are at least 7 Studebaker trucks to include M series, T-Cab and a Coupe Express. Silver has the most Studebakers with 8 listed. RM hs a 58 Packard Hawk and there is one very special Lincoln for sale in the desert this year. It is one of 5 designed and this one owned by none other than Raymond Loewy. Look for more on this one in a future issue of the Avanti Magazine. Auction frezy is alive and well in the land of the sun. The Messa show is a great one and with many great people from all over the country looking to escape the cold. Look up the pfahlers and tell them I say "Hello". They will know who said to say that.

See you in the future as I write about our past
      sigpicSee you in the future as I write about our past

Comment

Working...
      X