PDA

View Full Version : Interior: GH interior rear panel removal

Mark Klinger
07-16-2017, 06:58 PM
I'm hoping to find some help for something that should be easy, I think. Want to work on the rear windows on our Golden Hawk and need advice on removing a piece of trim. On the forward edge of the rear quarter trim is a strip of stainless that looks like it's between the windlace and rear of panel and overlaps the front by 1/2". The manual states to gently pry out the lower edge of the panel and slide forward to release the catch behind the armrest, then remove but doesn't mention this piece at all. Do I pry the trim piece out to get the panel past (don't want to mess it up) or is there another way? I don't see any other way to release it. This is not the standard interior but a 400 (Packard Hawk if you prefer) if that makes any difference.

65673 65675

swvalcon
07-16-2017, 07:24 PM
Mark I've never had one of these apart but most car's that are built this way that I have. The trim panel comes off first and the chrome strip at the edge is screwed to the inner 1/4 panel. The leading edge of the trim panel just tucks into it. Had to come back and add those floors look new.

bezhawk
07-16-2017, 09:29 PM
There should be screws in the recess of the arm rest. Perhaps covered by an insert. You should then be able to pull the panel straight out enough to clear the arm rest from the bracket behind it. Slide the panel rearwards to disengage the front stainless, then lift up to unhook the top pleated section.

Jeffry Cassel
07-21-2017, 05:01 PM
I do hope you are a young man because you will be a very old man before you ever get those idiotic rear windows to work . I'm happy if they are up 'cause if they that's the way they stay!

JoeW
07-21-2017, 07:10 PM
Amen to Jeffry's post. I wore myself out trying to get the darned things to work right and followed the instructions in the repair manual and the best I have gotten them to do is go up and down with assistance from me pushing or pulling on them.