PDA

View Full Version : Electrical: Please tell how to change the Tell-Tale turn signals/high beam indicators

ETLMT
07-12-2017, 06:21 PM
How do you replace 1955 studebaker tell-tale light bulbs and high beam indicator?

Also when you remove the gauge cases from the dash instrument panel do you have to remove all the wires? Does the case come out going towards the cab or towards the engine?

I have the Garage manual and I cannot find where it talks about changing these light indicators, am I missing something?

Thanks,
Darryl Dodd
LMT Massage/Bodywork

StudeRich
07-12-2017, 06:46 PM
Maybe it is just TOO simple to change a Studebaker Light Bulb to mention in the Shop Manual! :rolleyes:

You just reach up under the Dash and give the Bulb Socket a gentle "Tilt" and the prongs will release from the dash panel and it will drop down enough to push in and turn the bulb out of it's socket.

You do have to feel or have your head far enough back there to tell which is which though, because there is usually TWO more in each Cluster to Light the Instruments with the larger Instr. Light Bulbs than the smaller Indicator Light Bulbs.

You CAN unscrew and pull the Panel forward to you, but only a short distance, but unless replacing gauges, there is NO need to do that!

ETLMT
07-12-2017, 10:22 PM
Hey StudeRich!
Like my government professor once said, everything is easy if you know the answer!

I had to feel my way putting the lock cylinders in the door, but that ended up being more than usual.

You lost me in this 3rd paragraph...

I also heard that a picture is worth saving over an hour of wasted time... ;)

Thank you I was going To just replace the indicators but I might as well switch them all out.

Thank you.

doofus
07-13-2017, 06:58 AM
Smart choice since you are now familiar with dash layout from back side, just be careful not to dislodge anything else and feel for the sockets to snap into place.Luck Doofus