Value for dollar Cruiser on CL!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Value for dollar Cruiser on CL!

I am having a hard time resisting this one. If I showed it to Cathy, that would be the end of my resistance. Her father purchased a new 1963 Cruiser (white/blue) like this one except for the A/C. I wonder if the A/C was added later. It would be something if this is the same car.

Are they wheelcovers or wheels? In either case, not a big thing to change. I am going to guess that the driver's position upholstery is worn out.
    Gary L.
    Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
    Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Good looking car, may be a very reasonable price too.
      sigpic
      In the middle of MinneSTUDEa.

Comment

I think that's a good deal. The price guide at Collector Car Market Review shows a #2 at $8770 and #3 at $5500 (includes the +10% for air conditioning).

Mark L

Comment

Im not much of a 4 door guy, but this car is a STEAL at the price, if it measures up in any degree to the specs in the ad. Buy it and drive the wheels off it. It'll be a 289 with auto, so it'll be terrific fun. If you have even the slightest inclination toward the car, I doubt you'll find a better one for twice the price.
          Sheesh folks, this one looks like a no-brainer.
          sals54

Comment

Looks like a very nice car for the money. Good thing I don't have $4000 to spend or I may just have to go pick it up. It would be hard to take a project car and make it that nice for that kind of money.

Comment

I know the folks who are selling it. His Dad worked at my Uncle Al's dealership and his son who owns the Cruiser is a machinist. It's been in good hands. BTW the wires are only covers. Good solid car. Note the seats and headrest!
              Rob in PA.

Comment

Originally posted by stude1964 View Post
                I know the folks who are selling it. His Dad worked at my Uncle Al's dealership and his son who owns the Cruiser is a machinist. It's been in good hands. BTW the wires are only covers. Good solid car. Note the seats and headrest! Rob in PA.
                Cool beans, Rob; it does look like a nice car.

Question / Comment: I assume the left front door has been replaced with a used one from a Blue Mist car? Note that the entire door is painted Blue Mist, not just the upper window frame.

Comment: The 1963 Indiana license plate with a 71 prefix indicates St. Joseph County IN, the car's "home."

'Hope someone here steps up; it ought to be worth the money for sure. BP
                We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Originally posted by BobPalma View Post
                  Cool beans,
                  Question / Comment: I assume the left front door has been replaced with a used one from a Blue Mist car? Note that the entire door is painted Blue Mist, not just the upper window frame. BP
                  Good eyes there Bob. (It also has a battery hold down, guess you noticed that too. )
                  Paul
                  Winston-Salem, NC
                  Visit The Studebaker Skytop Registry website at: www.studebakerskytop.com
                  Check out my YouTube channel here: https://www.youtube.com/user/r1lark

Comment

Originally posted by r1lark View Post
                    Good eyes there Bob. (It also has a battery hold down, guess you noticed that too. )
                    Believe it or not, Paul; I hadn't checked for a battery hold-down!

(I think my work must be done, here; I've got you guys well-trained. ) BP
                    We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

I think one would be hard pressed to find another like this for this kind of price. What a great one to get into the collector car hobby with and have something different to drive and show. Someone will scoff this bargain up soon.

Comment

This does indeed look like a great deal. If I didn't already have a Cruiser, I think I would consider this one.
                        Joe Roberts
                        '61 R1 Champ
                        '65 Cruiser
                        Eastern North Carolina Chapter

Comment

I just asked for additional photos
                          Maybe the car comes to germany. I like it very much. It seems it is a good deal

Comment

Originally posted by studegary View Post
                            ... Are they wheelcovers or wheels? ...
                            It does seem they are wheel covers. If you look at the image there is a wheel weight clip showing that goes under the wheel cover. They don't look like cheap wheel covers, but covers nonetheless. Especially on the back the wheel just lacks depth. A dished wheel and slightly larger at the rear just looks right on a 50's-70's car. I realize not everyone is into the performance look but it does differentiate what Edd China would call a "Grand Dad Cruiser" (and, a...., no pun intended) and a car that has an updated, acceptable performance look today.
                            Attached Files
                            '64 Lark Type, powered by '85 Corvette L-98 (carburetor), 700R4, - CASO to the Max.

Comment

Unfortunately no response to my email

@ stude1964
                              Is it possible for you to ask the seller to send me more details? If yes, I will provide my email to you.

Martin

Comment

Working...
                              X