Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

is this Studebaker locking gas cap, or a Stant or other "S" vendor?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• is this Studebaker locking gas cap, or a Stant or other "S" vendor?

Hi,
    this was sold to me years ago as a Studebaker locking gas cap. "S" shape looks wrong, and I (think?) 56Golden mentioned at one point that these caps with an "S" are actually simply the vendor (Stant?) logo.
    Verdict?
    Thanks!
    Click image for larger version

Name:	stude gas cap.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	128.0 KB
ID:	1755281

Yes it is a very common "Stant" Cap.
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner
    SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Stant’s tradition of innovation and quality began in 1898, when George Stant founded the company in Connersville, Indiana, USA. That same tradition is what continues to set Stant apart as the global leader in fuel, vapor, and thermal management design and manufacture. Today, Stant is the global leader in the design of fuel, vapor, and
      HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

As discussed here and at their website, Stant also made castings for various cars and trucks. I was working with my trunk handle today and was reminded of this:

Mark L

Comment

bought one just like it on eBay years ago. It didn't fit my Studebaker. Definitely Stant.
          Jon Stalnaker
          Karel Staple Chapter SDC

Comment

Thanks all.
            Good; if Studebaker, I'd kinda feel obligated to use it; now I don't have to hassle with a key. :-) At least the guy didn't rip me off too bad who swore it was original 1950's Studebaker at the swap meet.

Comment

Working...
            X