PDA

View Full Version : Registered buyer for Hackenberger auction

Bob Andrews
07-07-2017, 10:41 AM
I am registered for the Hackenberger auction in Ohio next weekend, July 15 & 16, 2017. We have several online bids in already on several cars, including Studebakers. I am planning to attend Saturday. I can help inspect/buy/ship anything there if anyone needs help. Take a look at the inventory in the links, and if you need help PM me. http://www.vanderbrinkauctions.com/auctions_details.php?detail=205&allimages=NOhttp://www.vanderbrinkauctions.com/auctions_details.php?detail=206&allimages=NO

- - - Updated - - -

Here's Day 2- http://www.vanderbrinkauctions.com/auctions_details.php?detail=206&allimages=NO

unclemiltie
07-07-2017, 02:24 PM
I have a room and am trying to decide if I should go. Looks like a once in a lifetime event, I think there will be some good buys but I am afraid I will actually buy one. I have too many now

This is a very nice offer you are making

Bob Andrews
07-07-2017, 06:26 PM
I currently have bids on 24 vehicles. But mostly I'm just excited to be there, I love this stuff.

Lynn
07-07-2017, 06:26 PM
Very nice of you Bob. I have bids in on two items (actually many more, but leading in two), neither of which I expect to get. Although, one is possible. Just don't know what the market is. There is some really cool stuff. Would live to own the Mercedes 21 window van; just don't know when I would ever get to it.

Lynn

studeclunker
07-08-2017, 01:31 PM
I would love to have that red Trailer Toter!https://s.yimg.com/ok/u/assets/img/emoticons/emo47.gif Problem is getting it off the property and then the t-h-o-u-s-a-n-d-s of miles home. Then there's paying for it... Eh-heh, what's money? Haven't seen any for a good long time, I'm afraid.:o I've heard it said that if one has time they don't have money and vice-versa. In my case, it hits me coming and going!:lol:

dpson
07-08-2017, 02:36 PM
The red 1960 Lark Convertible was supposed to be going across the auction block today.

Any idea on what it sold for and where its going?

Bob Andrews
07-08-2017, 04:17 PM
I don't know what you're talking about, Dan. The auction doesn't start until next Saturday, a week from today.

dpson
07-08-2017, 08:03 PM
Dang, you're right Bob, I'm off by a week.

pinehurstbob
07-08-2017, 08:49 PM
2 pretty decent cars on e-bay today for any one who wants a 60 convert. Just in case you have not checked.
Bob

jbwhttail
07-09-2017, 10:44 AM
I'm not sure why anyone going to the auction would bid online, (nothing against you Bob)It seems you are just driving the bids higher. Most folks who are truely interested in a car would want to see it in person before the bid. My wife and
I attending for the "show", yes I have an eye on several cars but if I should buy one we will walk away from the rest. My biggest fear is that many of these cars are going to end up in a crusher, too many cars/trucks for the market today.

starliner62
07-09-2017, 03:27 PM
I have bids on three cars. I doubt that I will win anything, but I have a max bid of what I think they are worth. I wish I could attend, but it's not in the cards. Besides that, if I was there, I'm sure I would spend more than what I wanted to spend.

Bob Andrews
07-09-2017, 03:32 PM
I originally bid online because it looked like I wasn't going to be able to attend. But I wanted to go bad enough that I made arrangements to make it Saturday after all. I will leave Friday afternoon, drive the 6 1/2 hours/400+ miles, sleep in the truck, stay late at the auction and load up if I buy something, then head back to what I was going to do Saturday on Sunday.

I am looking at several cars for myself for resale, some for clients. There is no way of telling, I may come away empty-handed, or I may buy 20 cars. If I buy more than one, it will mean repeated 800+ mile round trips. So, that will have to figure into what I will bid.

Milaca
07-09-2017, 05:10 PM
I originally bid online because it looked like I wasn't going to be able to attend. But I wanted to go bad enough that I made arrangements to make it Saturday after all. I will leave Friday afternoon, drive the 6 1/2 hours/400+ miles, sleep in the truck, stay late at the auction and load up if I buy something, then head back to what I was going to do Saturday on Sunday.

I am looking at several cars for myself for resale, some for clients. There is no way of telling, I may come away empty-handed, or I may buy 20 cars. If I buy more than one, it will mean repeated 800+ mile round trips. So, that will have to figure into what I will bid.

Bob, assuming that your time is worth something, wouldn't it be more cost effective to hire an automobile transporter that can haul six or more vehicles in one trip?

kurtruk
07-09-2017, 06:55 PM
"Very nice of you Bob."

Don't know if this is a free offer as this is the business Bob is in now.

jbwhttail
07-09-2017, 08:11 PM
With the condition of the cars, non running and flat tires hiring a TRANSPORTER TO REMOVE CARS IN SEVEN DAYS WILL BE VERY PROHIBITIVE. If you don't move the cars in seven days they have additional towing fees. I received an email this weekend that they will assist in loading for an additional fee, please be sure you know the rules before you purchase a vehicle and it is double the cost to ship. If you are using anyone's services GET IT IN WRITING, nothing worse than those hidden charges.......

Bob Andrews
07-09-2017, 09:04 PM
Milaca and jbwhttail- Thanks, but I've been in this business my whole life, over 40 years, so I know what I'm doing. I do this type of thing frequently. Already have all the details handled.

The logistics are easy. What isn't easy is estimating what kind of money the vehicles will do. Sometimes I get multiple buys, sometimes I come home empty-handed. It's all part of what keeps it interesting for me :-)

58L-J8 Guy
07-10-2017, 10:35 AM
Hi Bob,
Sent you a PM

bert53
07-10-2017, 10:54 AM
I'm going as well, don't need any more projects but for some reason I happen to have a proof of funds letter. Buyer #101.

Bob Andrews
07-10-2017, 08:46 PM
Hi Bob,
Sent you a PM

I did respond but I am never sure if PMs get through. If not, please email me at bams50@msn.com . Thanks!

Lynn
07-10-2017, 09:44 PM
Quote: "Very nice of you Bob."

Don't know if this is a free offer as this is the business Bob is in now.

And I wouldn't expect any such services to be free. Just thought it was nice to be able to contact someone from this board for help. I expect to pay for whatever service might be available.

Bob Andrews
07-10-2017, 10:15 PM
Hello Lynn, if I can help you in anyway, please feel free to contact me at the email posted above. Thank you!

Bob Andrews
07-11-2017, 05:49 AM
Since I've had a few inquiries about this, I thought I would post what I do:

I am at the sale from the time the gates open, inspecting cars. I can look the car over for you and send you photos and videos on site, including live video if you choose. When the car goes on the block I will bid for you up to your agreed-upon maximum. You can confer with me on the phone while the auction is occurring if you prefer. If we win the car, I will pay for it and take possession of it that day on my own trailer. I will have three trailers here and available. I will transport it myself back to my shop by Sunday. It will be in my secure lot. You can decide if you want to come and pick it up at my location, or I will be glad to deliver it to you.

I will assure that all paperwork is in order; and if there is no title, it will be the bill of sale from the auction. If it does have a title, it will be the title, made out in your name.

Fees – I do not list them publicly. I charge a percentage of the purchase price, or a small flat fee if the bid is unsuccessful. Of course, there is a charge for transportation and delivery.

Due to problems in the past, we require the agreed-upon purchase amount sent by wire transfer to our business bank account. If we do not get the car, the money will be wired back to you the next business day. Transfer fees apply, but they are minimal. If the vehicle is purchased, the balance of fees due are payable on delivery or pick up of the vehicle. In the event that you decide to increase your maximum over the deposited amount, the balance can simply be paid at delivery of vehicle. Of course, Classic vehicles are as is, with no warranty of any kind.

Further note that with any customer, your privacy is utmost. We never discuss dollar amounts of what you pay, or what anything costs. Also, you may feel free to call me. But I prefer to do business either through text, messaging, or email. That way, our entire transaction is in writing, permanently, so that there are no misunderstandings.

If we can be of service, just let me know. This is what we love to do. I am a second generation owner with over 40 years experience.

If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to ask.

Best regards,
Bob Andrews
Gas Money Garage
Text or phone 315-440-7351
bams50@msn.com

studeclunker
07-11-2017, 04:13 PM
Glad there are people like you around Bob. I am sure that the costs of your service are well worth the convenience of not having to travel all the way across the country. Not to mention the peace of mind that the vehicle will be safe and secure after the sale.

packard352
07-12-2017, 02:14 PM
I'm with Studeclunker - what a great service being offered

Bob Andrews
07-12-2017, 04:34 PM
Glad there are people like you around Bob. I am sure that the costs of your service are well worth the convenience of not having to travel all the way across the country. Not to mention the peace of mind that the vehicle will be safe and secure after the sale.

This is my favorite part: taking away the worry of buying a vehicle online, just taking the word of a seller. I inspect the vehicle with an experienced eye, send pictures and videos and phone conferences from the auction site, and handle the buying process, whether auction, dealer, or individual. So especially with an expensive car, a buyer doesn't have to stress about what is going to come off the transport, they can just be excited about their new arrival!

studeclunker
07-12-2017, 10:32 PM
Were I able to afford both, I would have you look over the 'Toter. Why is it I want to call the thing a Toter-Tot? Short coupled as it is, kinda fits, methinks.

8E45E
07-13-2017, 06:26 AM
Were I able to afford both, I would have you look over the 'Toter.

Nothing like being there in person to look it over; even more so if intending to purchase. With very few exceptions, I would not rely on others to do the inspecting for me.

Craig

Bob Andrews
07-13-2017, 02:12 PM
Some would, some wouldn't. I work for lots of different folks. Some cannot make it but don't want to buy from a vague description and pics of the seller's choosing. Some are uncomfortable in an auction setting. And some wouldn't know what to look for if they were there. I have verified numbers matching where applicable. And thanks to today's technology I can send specific photos to the client's request and even do a live video walk around and conversation, instantly, in real time. I have many clients that love not having to take vacation or travel or find a hotel or hang around an auction hour after hour waiting for that one certain car. Add to that the fact that I take immediate possession of the vehicle so that nothing happens to it and no expensive parts go missing. And finally, many like that I can deliver or arrange same to anywhere in the world for them.

All that means that instead of sending a pile of money and stressing about what is going to show up at their door, they can relax and be excited since they know exactly what is coming. That brings in/keeps people in the hobby that otherwise might not.

What I do is not for everybody. But I find that a surprising number of people are very happy that my services are available.

studeclunker
07-13-2017, 10:59 PM
Actually sounds like a win-win situation. I'm sure paying for transportation and a hotel would cost at least as much as you charge, if not more. Wish I could afford to have you do a walk-around on the 'toter just because...:lol:

AllstonEP
07-14-2017, 10:26 AM
Is Bob not taking any new clients for this auction? I have been trying to get ahold of him all week.

AllstonEP
07-14-2017, 10:54 AM
I got a hold of him via text. All set.