PDA

View Full Version : '64 assembly line photo - new photo host test

62champ
07-06-2017, 11:31 AM
Since I have been partially caught up in the Photobucket shutdown, I am trying to branch out, so this is a test for a new photo hosting site.

Photo is not mine, copied it from another source online...would have loved to be standing there watching it all go by..

http://i.imgur.com/jDOqNQA.jpg

riversidevw
07-06-2017, 11:35 AM
Looks good!

6hk71400
07-06-2017, 11:46 AM
It does indeed look good. As to watching them go by, probably would have been a slow go by as I remember hearing production was down to less than 60 cars a day at on point.

Bob Miles
Tucson AZ

Commander Eddie
07-06-2017, 11:48 AM
Good confirmation of how they were painted coming out of the factory.

studeclunker
07-06-2017, 11:52 AM
Photobucket has gotten obnoxious:mad: with ads, but what do you mean "shutdown?" I can't find any news on a shutdown of Photobucket on the web... Still ticked-off at Google for buying Picasa and killing it off!

FleetMaster68
07-06-2017, 12:02 PM
Photobucket stopped being a toggle point for other sites to link to pictures hosted at the bucket. So forum members who linked to bucket images now have nothing in their posts. No pictures.

Mike Sal
07-06-2017, 12:08 PM
From seeing the rear end of a body just off to the left, does this mean the body drop was just beyond this station in the photo?
Mike Sal

T.J. lavallee
07-06-2017, 04:23 PM
Yellow valve covers and red fan blades. I've seen this question asked on this forum. Seeing is believing.

ddub
07-06-2017, 04:59 PM
Need to identify the new hosts so we can all find one that works.

62champ
07-06-2017, 05:20 PM
Don - started on Imgur on Monday - seems easy to use, just have to get used to it. My problem is that I am on satellite internet and am limited to home much data I can use each month - really limited - there will be no mass uploads or downloads...

Another example...

http://i.imgur.com/eBixsNW.jpg

raprice
07-06-2017, 07:11 PM
I've been using Picasa for the past few years to log my photos. Since Google took over Picasa, I wonder where I should post my photos and still use the site to forward Pix to other people. When I try to send photos from my Picasa site, the photos are sent as thumbnails. Any advice here?
Rog

Milaca
07-06-2017, 09:53 PM
Yellow valve covers and red fan blades. I've seen this question asked on this forum. Seeing is believing.

Orange fan blades.

Milaca
07-06-2017, 09:56 PM
I would like to see more assembly-line photos. Perhaps I should suggest to the Studebaker Museum that they assemble a book of just factory/assembly-line photos. So much to learn by looking at such photos.

nels
07-07-2017, 02:22 AM
Red plug wires and black gas tanks.

scottsewall
07-07-2017, 02:26 AM
I liked Picasa too. So Sad.

Warren Webb
07-07-2017, 03:12 AM
It does indeed look good. As to watching them go by, probably would have been a slow go by as I remember hearing production was down to less than 60 cars a day at on point.

Bob Miles
Tucson AZ

Bob, Hamilton production was down to about that pace but not South Bend. 60 a day would give you about 7.5 cars an hour.

christophe
07-07-2017, 03:39 AM
Thanks for sharing this. Your Lark is really gorgeous. I uploaded a picture to Photobucket yesterday. It does seem to work but maybe not for long. I think I'll try Imgur too.
Nice day to all.

jackb
07-07-2017, 08:06 AM
....and speaking of red plug wires.... all you folks who complain of a "miss" at speeds should take note of the left (driver's) side wire routing. See how the factory routed plug wires 5 & 7.......

acolds
07-07-2017, 09:39 AM
Frame and fan appear to be gloss rather than semigloss or flat or could be from overhead lighting

Mike Sal
07-07-2017, 09:41 AM
One year coming home from South Bend swap meet late on a Saturday night, the alternator froze up on my old ford truck just as I was pulling into LaPaz. A gal at the gas station directed me to a guy who had a small junkyard nearby. Turns out he had worked at Studebakers in the 60's & told me his job was to stand on one side of the assembly line & install 2 screws into the turn signal assembly. "Zip Zip, then wait several minutes for the next one to come by" he told me. He said there was another fellow standing on the other side of the line doing the same thing on the other side of the car.

He told me the pace was so slow that if one of them wanted to go to a baseball game, the other would clock him in and then do both jobs that day. He said it was easy to step across the assembly line to do the other side of the car.
Mike Sal

StudeDave57
07-07-2017, 10:29 AM
Photobucket stopped being a toggle point for other sites to link to pictures hosted at the bucket.
So forum members who linked to bucket images now have nothing in their posts. No pictures.

Wait, what?
This is the quickest/easiest post of mine to find where I know there are photos from the Bucket~

http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.com/showthread.php?3299-StudeDave57-s-Rides-(many-pics)

Works fine, no...?
http://i175.photobucket.com/albums/w143/StudeDave/SDC%20pic%20post/IMG_0734.jpg

6hk71400
07-07-2017, 02:10 PM
Bob, Hamilton production was down to about that pace but not South Bend. 60 a day would give you about 7.5 cars an hour.
Thanks for the correction Warren. I wish the 64 Model Launch and production had really taken off so we could see what Studebaker was capable of producing more innovation.

By The Way, how is the Arizona Heat treating you? In Tucson today it should be hovering around 110 degrees. Local diner is advertising free ice cream any time it is over 105 degrees.

Bob Miles
Tucson AZ

SScopelli
07-07-2017, 04:25 PM
Wait, what?
This is the quickest/easiest post of mine to find where I know there are photos from the Bucket~

http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.com/showthread.php?3299-StudeDave57-s-Rides-(many-pics)

Works fine, no...?
http://i175.photobucket.com/albums/w143/StudeDave/SDC%20pic%20post/IMG_0734.jpg

Apparently Photobucket has several servers with our pictures..

If your picture has the begining reference.

"175.photobucket.com"

It is fine..

Unfortunately for those of us on

"s1286.photobucket.com"

They implemented a new viewing rule.

I'm sure they will implement the same rules on the "175" server.. Eventually.:(

HAWK64
07-08-2017, 06:17 PM
This Forum title motivated me to find some slides I have had since my days with Studebaker back in the sixties. There are over 30 on Studebaker's last big advertising campaign for the '64 models along with 12 of Studebakers in various states of assembly on the line at South Bend. They were done for Studebaker by Bridgeman Film Productions & dated Sept 10th 1963. I propose to have the 12 converted to prints. If any Forum members are interested I will confirm a price for you.

Milaca
07-08-2017, 09:00 PM
This Forum title motivated me to find some slides I have had since my days with Studebaker back in the sixties. There are over 30 on Studebaker's last big advertising campaign for the '64 models along with 12 of Studebakers in various states of assembly on the line at South Bend. They were done for Studebaker by Bridgeman Film Productions & dated Sept 10th 1963. I propose to have the 12 converted to prints. If any Forum members are interested I will confirm a price for you.

I would be interested in purchasing 12 prints. By the way, what do the other 18 slides contain? Thank you

Bullet
07-08-2017, 09:21 PM
I would be interested as well, on copies of all of them.

Mark

Alan
07-08-2017, 09:22 PM
On Photobucket I have a Pro 50 account and will be good till the end of the year. The Pro 50 is $5.99 a month payable a year in advance, but no 3rd party posting after. The Pro 100 is $9.99 a month, with no 3rd party. If you want to post here on Photobucket you will have to pay $39.99 a month, for the Pro 150. That gives you 150 Gig. of pics. and no adds.

StudeRich
07-09-2017, 11:57 AM
That is just a HUGE Ripoff! Especially when there are so many other Photo Hosting Sites that are Free. :( Just plain CROOKS. :mad:

StudeRich
07-09-2017, 12:07 PM

Definitely count me IN Jim, I just LOVE the period Factory Pictures! :!:

jclary
07-09-2017, 12:16 PM
That is just a HUGE Ripoff! Especially when there are so many other Photo Hosting Sites that are Free. :( Just plain CROOKS. :mad:

For some reason, a famous quote from P.T. Barnum comes to mind. Anyone who sends Photo Bucket money, gets what they deserve. Just as my local newspaper asked me why I cancelled my subscription, I told them they no longer had anything of value to offer. There are too many free sources available...and with no more trustworthy sources than what I had been paying them for the same stuff.

What you folks should do with that goofy photobucket logo that replaced your pictures, is to leave it there and, place another pic recommending one of their "Free" competitors beside it. That's what I intend to do if photobucket replaces my signature pic with that extortion/blackmail logo.:)

Bill Pressler
07-10-2017, 09:35 AM
RE.: '64 South Bend production, I am nearly certain I recall reading in a newspaper article that was reproduced in the Dec. '83 TW (which was entirely about the shutdown), that production started at 60/hr. but quickly was adjusted downward to 35/hr.