PDA

View Full Version : New "old" guy just joined

pg409
07-02-2017, 06:51 PM
Been in the car hobby since 1957. .....belonged to a rod club in 1959.....then went racing in a TR3 for a bit..always have had old cars.
Just sold a couple and the garage was empty so purchased a 1963 Lark Daytona and drove it home 450 miles from the southern part of our province. I live in Prince George BC which is the centre of the province.
It will share garage space with our 1952 Chevy coupe (60's style rod) and our under construction Triumph TR4/302 Ford. Have had three close friends over the last 35 years or so who had Studes............Hope to pitch in and participate here. ;) Cheers.......

studegary
07-02-2017, 07:14 PM
Welcome to the SDC Forum.
We have been involved in this hobby for about the same amount of time. In 1957, I had a customized (by me) 1949 Mercury coupe. Since 1964, I have owned more than 50 Studebakers, both stock and modified, including at least one 1963 Daytona.

Mark L
07-02-2017, 07:18 PM
Welcome to the group. We're glad you're here.

StudeRich
07-02-2017, 07:23 PM
Welcome Keith! You will get much enjoyment out of belonging to the International SDC, at a first year discount! the Turning Wheels Monthly Publication is just "The BEST"! :!:

There are several Local B.C. Chapters up there.
I am 10 Miles inside the U.S. Border, if you need any Parts let me know by PM or email.

Although there were '63 Daytona Wagonaires, Convertibles and Hardtops, I am guessing you have a Hardtop, the most popular. ;)

old fart
07-02-2017, 07:29 PM
pg409 . Not let alone welcome to the forum but welcome to Studebaker land fellow Canuck . Have you considered joining the registry for the 61-63 Lark series cars . You will find more owners that can help you out if you run into any problems . If you want to learn more about the registry and to join this No cost registry , email me at not4u@nlis.ca .Have fun .

Old Fart Terry

Jett289
07-02-2017, 09:10 PM
Did you buy that white Daytona that was being advertised on kijiji??
I'm in the far south of BC in Fernie .. Yeah and for sure the Drivers club membership is definitely worth it .
There is a Studebaker Pacific Can-Am meet in Calgary Alberta july 21 to 23 if your interested . Sure would
love to see your car there . Welcome !!

Randy

pg409
07-03-2017, 05:31 PM
Yes....that is the Lark we purchased. A nice car for sure, very sound mechanically....old paint and some old body repairs on one quarter....somewhat substandard........but a very nice driver.

Cannot make the Cam Am meet this year......going to Dawson Creek this weekend for their car cruise in our 52 Chevy and next weekend to 100 Mile House for an old car club reunion of sorts and their cruise weekend as well.

T.J. lavallee
07-03-2017, 06:53 PM
It's always great to welcome another Studebaker enthusiast to the fold. Welcome aboard, Keith.

Jett289
07-03-2017, 07:59 PM
It Certainly did look like a nice car in the ad .. It was on there last summer I'm sure but a much higher price . When I seen it this year I was very tempted to go and have a look as I thought the price was fair . They are good dependable cars for sure . I'm trying to plan a trip up to Williams Lake at some point as my brother lives there so I was checking out if there are any car shows in the area for this summer or fall as I might be inclined to drive the Hawk up there .

old fart
07-04-2017, 07:11 PM
pg409 ; hey Keith thanks for joining our registry family . It's too bad that their aren't more people like you and want to know where other cars are like yours . Did the previous owner tell you there has been an engine swap in your car from a 170 CID 6 to that 259 V8 . Both dependable power plants , you should get good mileage with it . My six gets 19 MPG yours should be a bit better as it wouldn't be working as hard . Now lets see how many are going to respond to the first part of this blurb Keith just for the H--- of it .

Old Fart

pg409
07-04-2017, 07:22 PM
Well obviously my serial number showed it was a six originally. It has a Dana 44 rear so it seems that was changed as well if I understand your post correctly.

old fart
07-04-2017, 09:16 PM
Hi Keith ;

Glad to know you have been informed . Thought by your original posting you were totally new to Studebaker 's but obviously I was wrong .Glad we cleared that up .

Old Fart