Missing my Studie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Missing my Studie

It's nearly a month since I've driven it due to it being laid up in the engine shop. While it gets me where I want to go, the Prius hardly offers the same experience. Sometimes I can't believe how attached I am to some metal parts and a seat.
    peter lee

I know exactly what you mean. I consider all modern cars as brand 'X'; anything other than a Stude is just a car, and every mile in a Stude is an adventure

Comment

Originally posted by JoeHall View Post
      I know exactly what you mean. I consider all modern cars as brand 'X'; anything other than a Stude is just a car, and every mile in a Stude is an adventure
      Well stated and so true.
      peter lee

Comment

I have been selling off some of my Studebaker's and getting down to just a couple that I want to keep as I am getting older and don't always drive one but since I got the 90 Avanti 4 door it gets driven more and more longer trips it is the best, my 52 is going to get more miles on it as the days go by and my 67 Avanti is for sale so now my problem is the 2 I keep I don't want to make my every day drivers, My 2008 Dodge Ram truck has 100,000 miles on it so it is just broken in but it is my tow truck and I like to make trips doing just that so want to stop driving it as much as I have been so I need a driver, so started looking around and there is a lot of cars out there that can make a driver but could not make my self buy one of them so I asked my friend Pat to sell me his 62 GT 289 4 speed car as a driver it has been at the shop waiting for someone else to buy it but I think it will work out fine as a around town driver so now it is mine and I figure in the long run when it comes time to sell it I would have better luck than a brand x beater.
        Candbstudebakers
        Castro Valley,
        California

Comment

I think that the 62 GT will be a great daily driver, and when you do get ready to sell it, it may be worth more than you paid for it! Not so much for any of the modern cars that seem to lose two or three thousand dollars, in value per year.
          Tom Senecal Not enough money or years to build all of the Studebakers that I think I can.

Comment

Working...
          X