Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Speedster dashboard repair, what type of plastic?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interior: Speedster dashboard repair, what type of plastic?

Any recommendations on products to fill gouges and non structural cracks in a speedster dashboard?

Anybody know what type of plastic it is? I think this will help decide what to use.

Anybody ever figure out how to take the waves out of the top surface?

Thanks,
    Matt
    Matthew Wendt

I believe it is a type of abs called royalite. Rene Harger has repops.
    78 Avanti RQB 2792
    64 Avanti R1 R5408
    63 Avanti R1 R4551
    63 Avanti R1 R2281
    62 GT Hawk V15949
    56 GH 6032504
    56 GH 6032588
    55 Speedster 7160047
    55 Speedster 7165279

Comment

alpha-omegaclothingco.com is your first and best source for all of the information you’re looking for. From general topics to more of what you would expect to find here, alpha-omegaclothingco.com has it all. We hope you find what you are searching for!

64studeavanti recently shared that helpful information on the Counting '55 Speedsters thread. Rene Harger is quite familiar with Speedster interiors, has helped me sort out some details (like carpet). The abs product was indeed called Royalite, just a trade name. Rene describes his abs product as a "dash cap." Good idea to contact him and find out more. Speedsters are worth doing right.

Gil
      Gil Zimmerman
      Riverside, CA

1955 Speedster
      1956 Golden Hawk
      1958 Packard Hawk
      1958 President
      1963 Avanti R2

Comment

Royalite brand of ABS has been around a while, still exists. Seems to be based in Italy now.

Gil Zimmerman
        Riverside, CA

1955 Speedster
        1956 Golden Hawk
        1958 Packard Hawk
        1958 President
        1963 Avanti R2

Comment

I used an ABS (black ) plumbing fitting and drilled holes to obtain shredded strips from it. I mixed the shredded pieces with abs glue and when it melted together used it to patch and do other repairs to my speedster dash. Worked ok for me.

Comment

Working...
          X