View Full Version : Interior: Speedster dashboard repair, what type of plastic?

Matthew Wendt
07-01-2017, 10:25 AM
Any recommendations on products to fill gouges and non structural cracks in a speedster dashboard?

Anybody know what type of plastic it is? I think this will help decide what to use.

Anybody ever figure out how to take the waves out of the top surface?


07-01-2017, 10:48 AM
I believe it is a type of abs called royalite. Rene Harger has repops.

07-01-2017, 11:38 AM

64studeavanti recently shared that helpful information on the Counting '55 Speedsters thread. Rene Harger is quite familiar with Speedster interiors, has helped me sort out some details (like carpet). The abs product was indeed called Royalite, just a trade name. Rene describes his abs product as a "dash cap." Good idea to contact him and find out more. Speedsters are worth doing right.


07-01-2017, 11:46 AM
Royalite brand of ABS has been around a while, still exists. Seems to be based in Italy now.


07-01-2017, 08:51 PM
I used an ABS (black ) plumbing fitting and drilled holes to obtain shredded strips from it. I mixed the shredded pieces with abs glue and when it melted together used it to patch and do other repairs to my speedster dash. Worked ok for me.