Interesting Rod Project FS in RI...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interesting Rod Project FS in RI...

Passed on to me by someone who lives back there...

Prices seems reasonable.

As the ad says, that is definitely one that you would need to look at before buying. Especially the front end conversion. The rear suspension components hang down way too far for my tastes - maybe ok for an around town cruiser, but not for long distance cruising at speed with all the "road hazards" that can be encountered. A rear tire blowout at interstate speeds might be problematic also.

Could be an excellent start towards a cool Stude hot rod convertible though, if the mods are down well.
    Paul
    Winston-Salem, NC
    Visit The Studebaker Skytop Registry website at: www.studebakerskytop.com
    Check out my YouTube channel here: https://www.youtube.com/user/r1lark

Comment

Originally posted by r1lark View Post
      As the ad says, that is definitely one that you would need to look at before buying. Especially the front end conversion. The rear suspension components hang down way too far for my tastes - maybe ok for an around town cruiser, but not for long distance cruising at speed with all the "road hazards" that can be encountered. A rear tire blowout at interstate speeds might be problematic also.
      X2 - but looking won't give a clue. There's a similar build here locally, but with twice that horsepower. It looks really great parked, but literally the scariest thing I've ever driven. Not so bad in a straight line; just don't try to do any normal car maneuvers with it. Doesn't stop, doesn't turn and really unsettling ride motions.

Having said that, there is/was the potential for a great cruiser build, but it might require changing most everything under there to make it a real driver.

jack vines
      PackardV8

Comment

There was a time when that "pro street" style was really popular. I like the overall look of the car, but for real world driving I wouldn't want it.
        "In the heart of Arkansas."
        Searcy, Arkansas
        1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
        1952 2R pickup

Comment

Working...
        X