Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What do the backs of 61 Hawk seats look like?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interior: What do the backs of 61 Hawk seats look like?

I'm going to get the foam in the front seats of my 61 Hawk redone soon. The seat covers are in good condition and original style, but not actually the original covers. I'm trying to find out what the rears of the front seats are supposed to look like - I can't seem to find any photos anywhere. Was there a hard panel originally? Mine are a little loose, with some excess foam coming around the sides, abruptly ending at the chrome rails. Inside the rails, theres nothing hard, and no foam; you can feel some horizontal frame parts in there.
    Here's a photo:

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF6908.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	72.3 KB
ID:	1755225

If anyone can let me know if this looks/sounds correct or not, that would appreciated; and if incorrect, any photos that could help would also be much appreciated!

Dave

I'am not sure but would think they would be like my 64's.
    Attached Files

Comment

I'am not sure but would think they would be like my 64's.
      They do look pretty similar, just yours has a pocket and ashtray and only one chrome rail. What's it feel like in the back there - cushioned, or hard, or a bare frame?

Comment

My '62s look like his '64s but no chrome rail. They're hard.

Comment

Stunt They have two chrome rails from the factory. The guy I had redo the seats claims one seat only had one rail. I think they lost one and don't want to admit it. Luckily I have a replacement for it just not in the picture. They are hard backed more or less. No real padding to them. The backs are still the factory backs. They where in good shape so I had them just recover the cushions and reuse the old backs. They match perfect to the new covers.
          Attached Files

Comment

61 was a one year only on seats and upholstery. They are NOT like a 62 , 63, or a 64. There is NO ashtray on the back of the front seats. The back of the front seat has upholstery material over thinly padded cardboard; 2 vertical ss strips hold it down and cover the seams on either side. Like the pic but not so baggy! 61 Hawk owner since 1961. It is in better shape now than it was then; I, however, am not!

Comment

Great, thanks for all the help, everyone! Jeffry, that particularly helped a lot - and so great that you've had your 61 since 61!

Comment

Working...
              X