Raise Your Hand and Help the Keystone Region

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Raise Your Hand and Help the Keystone Region

GTHawk41@aol.com or the Co-Chairs Denny Foust and Nancy Pfahler. Their e-mail addresses are as follows and are also listed in the Meet Program. Denny can be reached at Studeguy54@verizon.net and Nancy at pfahler473@msn.com

Please help us help you and VOLUNTEER. For two hours a day or whatever makes you comfortable.

THANKS

The Keystone Region 44th Annual International al Meet Committee.

See you in the future as I write about our past
    sigpicSee you in the future as I write about our past

Wow... predicting 945 cars. Does anyone know what number of cars went to Charlotte or any other recent regional/national Studebaker meet? I hope you get that number, but it seems awful high.

Lee

Comment

Wow... predicting 945 cars. Does anyone know what number of cars went to Charlotte or any other recent regional/national Studebaker meet? I hope you get that number, but it seems awful high.

Lee

Comment

Actual Studebaker Concourse count lasy year was 629 plus about 50 Packards and 1 Pierce Arrow. Charlotte was in the high 500 range. The last International Meet in the Northeast 28 years ago also hosted by the Keystone Region drew 683 show field cars and over 900 total. Demgraphics of Studebaker ownship indicate the largest concentration of cars are within a 500 mile radius of here. One would suspect this meet will draw more people and cars so therefore the number predicted. Also early motel reservations through 12/31/07 indicate the potential for the largest all Studebaker event ever held. Come and join us as it will be an exciting time with many surprises in store.

Comment

Actual Studebaker Concourse count lasy year was 629 plus about 50 Packards and 1 Pierce Arrow. Charlotte was in the high 500 range. The last International Meet in the Northeast 28 years ago also hosted by the Keystone Region drew 683 show field cars and over 900 total. Demgraphics of Studebaker ownship indicate the largest concentration of cars are within a 500 mile radius of here. One would suspect this meet will draw more people and cars so therefore the number predicted. Also early motel reservations through 12/31/07 indicate the potential for the largest all Studebaker event ever held. Come and join us as it will be an exciting time with many surprises in store.

Comment

The last SDC International in Pennsylvania was 28 years ago, but this meet will NOT be "...the first one held in the Northeast in 28 years..." You seem to be conveniently forgetting the SDC International held in 1990 in Worcester Massachusetts.

While I am at corrections, concourse is a large open space like in an airport and a car show is a concours (short for Concours d'Elegance).

Gary L.
            Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
            Studebaker enthusiast much longer
            Gary L.
            Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968

Comment

The last SDC International in Pennsylvania was 28 years ago, but this meet will NOT be "...the first one held in the Northeast in 28 years..." You seem to be conveniently forgetting the SDC International held in 1990 in Worcester Massachusetts.

While I am at corrections, concourse is a large open space like in an airport and a car show is a concours (short for Concours d'Elegance).

Gary L.
              Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
              Gary L.
              Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968

Comment

My fault you are correct I did forget the 1990 Mass Meet. Sometimes my fingers get ahead of my mind when typing as I do know Concous is without the "E" Thanks Gary. I'll try to be better. Now are you coming to Lancaster since you fit withni the demographics we used to determine approximate numbers?

Comment

My fault you are correct I did forget the 1990 Mass Meet. Sometimes my fingers get ahead of my mind when typing as I do know Concous is without the "E" Thanks Gary. I'll try to be better. Now are you coming to Lancaster since you fit withni the demographics we used to determine approximate numbers?

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Avantidon

YES, we plan on being in Lancaster. We have been to nearly all of the SDC Internationals since 1971. I made our reservations in the host hotel in Lancaster shortly after we got home from South Bend last year.

Gary L.
                    Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                    Gary L.
                    Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Avantidon

YES, we plan on being in Lancaster. We have been to nearly all of the SDC Internationals since 1971. I made our reservations in the host hotel in Lancaster shortly after we got home from South Bend last year.

Gary L.
                      Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                      Gary L.
                      Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968

Comment

Gary, good thing you did. Many did not heed our warnings and will be in other facilities nearby. See you in September at a meet that is begining to gather momentum and will be full of surprises for all to enjoy. if you want to help let me know as we sure can use it.

Comment

Gary, good thing you did. Many did not heed our warnings and will be in other facilities nearby. See you in September at a meet that is begining to gather momentum and will be full of surprises for all to enjoy. if you want to help let me know as we sure can use it.

Comment

Just looked at my res. at the Host- postmarked July 12!

Looking forward to the Meet!

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- Studebakeracres- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
                            Parish, central NY 13131

Comment

Just looked at my res. at the Host- postmarked July 12!

Looking forward to the Meet!

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- Studebakeracres- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
                              Parish, central NY 13131

Comment

Working...
                              X