PDA

View Full Version : Raise Your Hand and Help the Keystone Region

Avantidon
01-14-2008, 08:42 AM
September 14, 2008 is only eight months from today. What’s that you ask? It is the beginning of the greatest all Studebaker event to be held. We expect this gathering, the first one held in the Northeast in 28 years to draw approximately 3500 SDC, ASC and AOAI members, their families and friends. In addition we expect to have another large turnout from the public throughout the week and especially on Thursday at the Concourse Show.

Yesterday 01-13-2008 we had our first 2008 Meet Meeting to discuss all of our remaining needs and developed a checklist of all open items that need to be accomplished. If you have ever been involved in planning and executing a National/International Meet you will understand what I am saying.

Our greatest need to make the first Northeast Meet in 28 years, the greatest ever held is HELP!! Yes, we are asking for VOLUNTEERS to help us. We need many people to help. As an example, based on early registrations, the proximity of SDC, ASC and AOAI members to the meet location and the number of Studebakers within in a days driving distance of Lancaster, PA we project that we will have about 945 cars on the Concourse Field. This number of cars will be the largest ever to attend a National/International Meet. We are also expecting a large contingent of Packards to attend.

Consequently, we need JUDGES, Division Guides and many others to help us in this endeavor. Are you willing to raise a hand and VOLUNTEER? If you are please feel free to contact any member of the Meet Committee as listed on the SDC website and in the January Issue of Turning Wheels or contact me at GTHawk41@aol.com or the Co-Chairs Denny Foust and Nancy Pfahler. Their e-mail addresses are as follows and are also listed in the Meet Program. Denny can be reached at Studeguy54@verizon.net and Nancy at pfahler473@msn.com

Please help us help you and VOLUNTEER. For two hours a day or whatever makes you comfortable.

THANKS

The Keystone Region 44th Annual International al Meet Committee.

See you in the future as I write about our past

61hawk
01-15-2008, 02:46 PM
Wow... predicting 945 cars. Does anyone know what number of cars went to Charlotte or any other recent regional/national Studebaker meet? I hope you get that number, but it seems awful high.

Lee

61hawk
01-15-2008, 02:46 PM
Wow... predicting 945 cars. Does anyone know what number of cars went to Charlotte or any other recent regional/national Studebaker meet? I hope you get that number, but it seems awful high.

Lee

Avantidon
01-16-2008, 09:56 AM
Actual Studebaker Concourse count lasy year was 629 plus about 50 Packards and 1 Pierce Arrow. Charlotte was in the high 500 range. The last International Meet in the Northeast 28 years ago also hosted by the Keystone Region drew 683 show field cars and over 900 total. Demgraphics of Studebaker ownship indicate the largest concentration of cars are within a 500 mile radius of here. One would suspect this meet will draw more people and cars so therefore the number predicted. Also early motel reservations through 12/31/07 indicate the potential for the largest all Studebaker event ever held. Come and join us as it will be an exciting time with many surprises in store.

Avantidon
01-16-2008, 09:56 AM
Actual Studebaker Concourse count lasy year was 629 plus about 50 Packards and 1 Pierce Arrow. Charlotte was in the high 500 range. The last International Meet in the Northeast 28 years ago also hosted by the Keystone Region drew 683 show field cars and over 900 total. Demgraphics of Studebaker ownship indicate the largest concentration of cars are within a 500 mile radius of here. One would suspect this meet will draw more people and cars so therefore the number predicted. Also early motel reservations through 12/31/07 indicate the potential for the largest all Studebaker event ever held. Come and join us as it will be an exciting time with many surprises in store.

studegary
01-16-2008, 02:22 PM
The last SDC International in Pennsylvania was 28 years ago, but this meet will NOT be "...the first one held in the Northeast in 28 years..." You seem to be conveniently forgetting the SDC International held in 1990 in Worcester Massachusetts.

While I am at corrections, concourse is a large open space like in an airport and a car show is a concours (short for Concours d'Elegance).

Gary L.
Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
Studebaker enthusiast much longer

studegary
01-16-2008, 02:22 PM
The last SDC International in Pennsylvania was 28 years ago, but this meet will NOT be "...the first one held in the Northeast in 28 years..." You seem to be conveniently forgetting the SDC International held in 1990 in Worcester Massachusetts.

While I am at corrections, concourse is a large open space like in an airport and a car show is a concours (short for Concours d'Elegance).

Gary L.
Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968

Avantidon
01-17-2008, 07:30 AM
My fault you are correct I did forget the 1990 Mass Meet. Sometimes my fingers get ahead of my mind when typing as I do know Concous is without the "E" Thanks Gary. I'll try to be better. Now are you coming to Lancaster since you fit withni the demographics we used to determine approximate numbers?

Avantidon
01-17-2008, 07:30 AM
My fault you are correct I did forget the 1990 Mass Meet. Sometimes my fingers get ahead of my mind when typing as I do know Concous is without the "E" Thanks Gary. I'll try to be better. Now are you coming to Lancaster since you fit withni the demographics we used to determine approximate numbers?

studegary
01-17-2008, 01:22 PM
quote:Originally posted by Avantidon

YES, we plan on being in Lancaster. We have been to nearly all of the SDC Internationals since 1971. I made our reservations in the host hotel in Lancaster shortly after we got home from South Bend last year.

Gary L.
Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968

studegary
01-17-2008, 01:22 PM
quote:Originally posted by Avantidon

YES, we plan on being in Lancaster. We have been to nearly all of the SDC Internationals since 1971. I made our reservations in the host hotel in Lancaster shortly after we got home from South Bend last year.

Gary L.
Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968

Avantidon
01-18-2008, 08:13 AM
Gary, good thing you did. Many did not heed our warnings and will be in other facilities nearby. See you in September at a meet that is begining to gather momentum and will be full of surprises for all to enjoy. if you want to help let me know as we sure can use it.

Avantidon
01-18-2008, 08:13 AM
Gary, good thing you did. Many did not heed our warnings and will be in other facilities nearby. See you in September at a meet that is begining to gather momentum and will be full of surprises for all to enjoy. if you want to help let me know as we sure can use it.

bams50
01-18-2008, 10:59 AM
Just looked at my res. at the Host- postmarked July 12!

Looking forward to the Meet!

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- Studebakeracres- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
Parish, central NY 13131

bams50
01-18-2008, 10:59 AM
Just looked at my res. at the Host- postmarked July 12!

Looking forward to the Meet!

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- Studebakeracres- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
Parish, central NY 13131

Avantidon
01-18-2008, 12:27 PM
Bob, glad you listened too. We are now down to the nitty gritty on the reserved block of rooms in the other 4 Hotels/Motels and all are own their own. I know this is going to be a great experience for all as the Keystone Chapter has been working hard to make it a memorable affair.

Avantidon
01-18-2008, 12:27 PM
Bob, glad you listened too. We are now down to the nitty gritty on the reserved block of rooms in the other 4 Hotels/Motels and all are own their own. I know this is going to be a great experience for all as the Keystone Chapter has been working hard to make it a memorable affair.