PDA

View Full Version : Dual quad intake manifold

Camaro guy
06-23-2017, 11:20 AM
I recently aquired a dual quad intake made by detroit speed equipment. I haven't found much info besides its for a studebaker. I am not sure how to post pics by i can email them to anyone. Trying to figure out what it fits and what its worth. Thanks

63larkr1
06-23-2017, 12:38 PM
Welcome,
I've never seen a Studebaker intake made by Detroit Speed Equipment. I sure would like to see it and learn more about it.
Richard

DEEPNHOCK
06-23-2017, 01:48 PM
They build some nice stuff, but are mostly LS Chevy people.
Wonder if it was a side project...
I sent you a PM about this..

sgriggs
06-23-2017, 02:49 PM
I found this thread through a Google search. The conclusion of the folks who commented was that this other dual quad manifold that somebody posted pictures of was for the 1949-1962 Cadillac V8, but that some folks adapted manifolds for that particular Caddy engine family to the Studebaker V8. I think I have heard that statement made before that the 1949- Cadillac intake was close enough to the Studebaker port configuration that it could be adapted.

https://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/threads/help-unknown-alum-intake-what-is-it.453461/

There are photos in the thread. Looks like an older speed part (probably several decades old).

Scott Griggs
Louisville, KY

DEEPNHOCK
06-23-2017, 02:52 PM
Matt sent me a text with pic's, and yes.. It is a Caddy dual quad.
Nice one, too. He texted me the pic's so I will have to put them on my laptop when I get back to the shop..