PDA

View Full Version : Sill Plates for Late Model 4-Door Sedans

bjackameit
06-22-2017, 03:09 PM
Hey Folks --

I am trying to locate a full set of 4 sill plates front and rear for a 1964 Commander 4-door sedan that match -- they could all be aluminum or all be stainless steel, but they need to match --

As far as I can tell none of the usual vendors offer matching sets -- best I can find is stainless steel fronts and aluminum rears.

They don't need to be new -- a good used set would be fine --

Anybody out there have a set they could part with?

Thanks.

Bill J.

57pack
06-22-2017, 03:14 PM
I purchased a new repop set from Valerie Hanson for my Wagonaire. Fits well and looks great. She sells Studebaker rubber products as well. Advertises in Turning Wheels.

StudeRich
06-22-2017, 03:47 PM
If you just want to keep the Carpet down and the water out and do not care about originality, you can get Carpet Mouldings at Home Depot. ;)

r1lark
06-22-2017, 06:57 PM
If you just want to keep the Carpet down and the water out and do not care about originality, you can get Carpet Mouldings at Home Depot. ;)

OH MY GOODNESS!!! :ohmy: I didn't think I would EVER see StudeRich recommending a non-stock modification to a Studebaker!! :eek:

Especially one that isn't purchased from an Official Studebaker Vendor! ;)

:D:):lol:

StudeRich
06-22-2017, 07:51 PM
Well what can I say? What many do not know is that I like Studes. both perfect Original AND modified with mostly "other year" Studebaker Parts! And actually own some of each, it depends on the Car.
For a total Driver that will never be shown in Original Class at an International meet, it's OK, just avoid destroying it with Ch@&y Power! :D

bjackameit
06-22-2017, 08:31 PM
She only lists rears in her parts list on her site but I have e-mailed her to inquire about a complete set. Thanks. Bill J.

r1lark
06-23-2017, 04:21 PM
Well what can I say? What many do not know is that I like Studes. both perfect Original AND modified with mostly "other year" Studebaker Parts! And actually own some of each, it depends on the Car.
For a total Driver that will never be shown in Original Class at an International meet, it's OK, just avoid destroying it with Ch@&y Power! :D

Hmmm..........1965 and 1966 Studebakers used Ch@&y engines, so they must be ok? :woot:

(I couldn't resist Rich. But it's all in fun!! :):!!::lol: )

abkco
06-24-2017, 08:24 AM
Bill, I purchased an NOS set for my 65 cruiser from Stephen Allen's studebaker site last month. Excellent quality. Very pleased. Mystudebaker.com.

StudeNewby
06-24-2017, 10:08 PM
I'm as surprised as Paul, Rich! But I agree with you 100 percent.