I have to rememebr, this ain't Facebook

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have to rememebr, this ain't Facebook

How many of you have tried to hit the 'like' button? Me, too many times.
    Ron Dame
    '63 Champ

We should have a like button. The other forum I haunt is for O gauge trains. It's powered by Hoopla, and it has a like button. You can "like" individual posts.
    RadioRoy, specializing in AM/FM conversions with auxiliary inputs for iPod/satellite/CD player. In the old car radio business since 1985.

10G-C1 - 51 Champion starlight coupe
    4H-K5 - 53 Commander starliner hardtop
    5H-D5 - 54 Commander Conestoga wagon

Comment

Would it get attention if we hit the little triangle with the exclamation mark to report that we liked a post?
      "Madness...is the exception in individuals, but the rule in groups" - Nietzsche.

Comment

Really? Who cares what Post anyone "Likes"? Information is what it IS, Neutral, not good, not Bad just info!

This is NOT a Social Site, but a informative one.
        StudeRich
        Second Generation Stude Driver,
        Proud '54 Starliner Owner
        SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

What Rich said!!

Comment

What's Facebook?

jack vines
            PackardV8

Comment

I'd like a like button....
              Lou Van Anne
              62 Champ
              64 R2 GT Hawk
              79 Avanti II

Comment

The Harley Davidson forum I frequent has a "thanks" button. Nice to see someone appreciates your time spent typing an answer or comment.
                Oglesby,Il.

Comment

This quick and funny video might put Flakebook into perspective....

Vid belongs to danny casale https://m.youtube.com/user/DannysStudio
                  The only difference between death and taxes is that death does not grow worse every time Congress convenes. - Will Rogers

Comment

I find myself looking for the "like" button occasionally, but I don't really think we need it. If you feel really strongly, just say so.
                    BTW That video wouldn't get a "like" from me.
                    "In the heart of Arkansas."
                    Searcy, Arkansas
                    1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
                    1952 2R pickup

Comment

The guy that used to do I.T. work at my office would NOT get on Facebook for any reason. Why? Not secure enough says he. This is a guy that can set up firewalls and does internet security stuff. If HE doesn't feel safe there, why in the world would I want to go there.

Agree with Rich. Please don't install a "like" button. If someone appreciates something I just posted, how long does it take to respond with "thanks"? Or, if you are too lazy to hit six keys, you can type thanx, or even tx. I have a couple other sites I am on, and every time somone "likes" one of my posts, my PM message box tells me I have a new message. I waste time going there just to see that I have been "liked". I am not that hard up for approval.

I know, I am souning (and looking more like) these guys: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PGfx3QAV64M

Comment

Originally posted by Ron Dame View Post
                        How many of you have tried to hit the 'like' button? Me, too many times.
                        Yeah! I do the same thing, especially when a cool photo is posted! Whether we like it or not, forums are a form of social media, hence the stories, experiences, photos and advice posted here for others. The main difference is that forums usually have a particular audience, in our case those of us who love Studebakers! Maybe some day when the site is refreshed a "like" button (or similar) could be added....especially for all those youngsters joining our ranks.

Comment

Jeeeze. If I like a post I usually say so in my post. Simple enough.

Comment

^^^^^ What he said. Just like this. ^^^^^
                            The only difference between death and taxes is that death does not grow worse every time Congress convenes. - Will Rogers

Comment

I'm not saying we ought to add it, just saying I look for it a lot.

BTW, despite my poor typing skills, I'm glad we do NOT have auto -incorrect.
                              Ron Dame
                              '63 Champ

Comment

Working...
                              X