Allen Barth Passing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Allen Barth Passing

Spoke with Allen's son Jimmy today and was told his dad, Allen, died Monday evening. He asked me to post here to inform Allen's many Studebaker friends of his death. Prayers are with the family.

RIP......

HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

I am sorry to hear that, though I think we only met a couple of times we traded a number of emails over the course of the years.

Comment

Prayers go out to Allen's family.

Comment

It was great meeting Allen and having a personalized tour of his facility which rejuvenated Harrington, Washington. Our prayers to his family. Ditto Jeff's post.
          RIP

Comment

I am VERY sorry to hear that, the Studebaker Community has lost a very important part of the dedicated core members, and a needed source of Restoration help to many.
            StudeRich
            Second Generation Stude Driver,
            Proud '54 Starliner Owner
            SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

So sorry to hear of Allen's passing! What a surprise. He was extremely knowledgeable and very helpful. He will be sorely missed.

Mark

Comment

Sorry to hear of Allen's passing. May he rest in peace. Sincere condolences to his close friends and family.

Joe H

Comment

Truly a great loss to our community and much more so to his family.
                  Don Wilson, Centralia, WA

40 Champion 4 door*
                  50 Champion 2 door*
                  53 Commander K Auto*
                  53 Commander K overdrive*
                  55 President Speedster
                  62 GT 4Speed*
                  63 Avanti R1*
                  64 Champ 1/2 ton

* Formerly owned

Comment

I had talked to Allen a few times over the years getting information on the '37 coupe. His passing is a loss to the Studebaker world, but a greater loss to his family.
                    Never raise your hands to your children, it leaves your groin unprotected.- Red Buttons

'63 Avanti R2
                    '14 Boxster
                    '64 GT Hawk R1 JT
                    '37 Dictator Coupe
                    '37 Dictator Coupe "slight custom"

Comment

Our '63 R1 Avanti previously owned by John Boyle was expertly restored by Allen. Happy to own part of his Studebaker legacy.
                      Tim-'53 Starlight Commander Custom in Yuma, AZ
                      jimsrodshop.com/project/53-resurrection

Comment

That is a sad loss to the Studebaker community. My condolences to his family.
                        Gord Richmond, within Weasel range of the Alberta Badlands

Comment

So sorry to hear this news about Allen, I just saw him and Curt in S/B in May and talked to him some in fact every time at meets that we both attended I always made a point to talk a few minutes with him. a couple of years ago when my family and I went to visit my aunts in Idaho and Washington we stopped by to view Allen's place of business and the ranch, both were something worth seeing he also took time to fix a bar-b- q at the shop and it is something I will always remember. I had figured since my wife's passing I would have time to get back up and spend some time with him but that didn't happen. Rest in Peace Allen you were a good friend to me and many others.........Bob Peterson
                          Candbstudebakers
                          Castro Valley,
                          California

Comment

I can't express the sadness Anne and I feel over the loss of Allen.
                            he was my mentor in the wonderful world of Studebakers. During the restoration of my Avanti, we became good friends, he was always a good source of information and humor.
                            In addition to his garage in Harrington, he was a leading figure in the local SDC chapter and was involved in planning regional Can-AM tours and events.

I hope the family or friends can carry on his work. His garage and annual car show have become a huge part of the small Harrington community.
                            His passing is a loss to the community as well as his families...his physical family and his Studebaker extended family.

RIP, friend.
                            63 Avanti R1 2788
                            1914 Stutz Bearcat
                            (George Barris replica)

Washington State

Comment

Originally posted by JBOYLE View Post
                              I can't express the sadness Anne and I feel over the loss of Allen.
                              he was my mentor in the wonderful world of Studebakers. During the restoration of my Avanti, we became good friends, he was always a good source of information and humor.
                              In addition to his garage in Harrington, he was a leading figure in the local SDC chapter and was involved in planning regional Can-AM tours and events.

I hope the family or friends can carry on his work. His garage and annual car show have become a huge part of the small Harrington community.
                              His passing is a loss to the community as well as his families...his physical family and his Studebaker extended family.

RIP, friend.
                              In talking to Allen's son, his plan is to carry on the Barth Legacy. I remember Allen telling me just how proud he was of him, as his talent progressed thru the years working side by side. I have a few cars there now and they will be in very able hands as restorations continue.

Comment

Working...
                              X