This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Registery - Studebaker Clarke Floor Maintainers

Since the focus now seems to be on establishing registries rather than driving our Studebakers, I did not want the floor buffer owners to be excluded. Please provide your model number, serial number and rotating speed. I will lead off:

Model: FM-17 Serial number: 28014 RPM - 1750

If I get enough responses perhaps we could have a "Buff Out" where we use our machines to put a "Lark Shine" on an old oxidized Studebaker.

[EDIT] I realize that registry is spelled incorrectly, but I thought it appropriate if we could be boogled and ashaamed.
    Last edited by Guido; 06-12-2017, 03:15 PM.

Gary - you are forgetting the Studebaker Gravely tractors and the Studebaker Onan generators. Who wants to step up and form a registry for those?

Edit: Oh wait, we forgot the STP cans that say division of Studebaker. We need to have a registry of those to know how many exist for posterity.

Comment

Originally posted by 4jc8z View Post
      Gary - you are forgetting the Studebaker Gravely tractors and the Studebaker Onan generators. Who wants to step up and form a registry for those?

Edit: Oh wait, we forgot the STP cans that say division of Studebaker. We need to have a registry of those to know how many exist for posterity.
      I will leave the Gravely registry to the Gravely Tractor Club of America. I actually own a Studebaker Onan generator, I wish I had known yesterday when I was where it is stored so I could have gotten the serial number. The issue with the STP cans is the numerous designs they had along with the ancillary products (Top Oil, Auto Blitz, etc.).
      Last edited by Guido; 06-12-2017, 09:21 AM.

Comment

And this is proof that I drive my Studebaker Clarke buffer in the snow... No backing out of the garage and running back in using the same tracks.

Comment

Originally posted by 4jc8z View Post
          Oh wait, we forgot the STP cans that say division of Studebaker. We need to have a registry of those to know how many exist for posterity.
          Start counting...

As you can see, there are many different styles.

Last edited by Guido; 06-12-2017, 10:37 AM. Reason: Upload better picture

Comment

Who's starting the CTL rocket registry?

Comment

Originally posted by Guido View Post
              If I get enough responses perhaps we could have a "Buff Out" where we use our machines to put a "Lark Shine" on an old oxidized Studebaker.
              What a wonderful idea for the next International Meet!!

Instead of valve cover racing, we can have floor buffer racing in the lobby of the host hotel! Perhaps the hotel management will give all the participants a few dollars off their room rates for helping the custodial staff perform their job in the process!!

Craig

Comment

Originally posted by 8E45E View Post
                What a wonderful idea for the next International Meet!!

Instead of valve cover racing, we can have floor buffer racing in the lobby of the host hotel! Perhaps the hotel management will give all the participants a few dollars off their room rates for helping the custodial staff perform their job in the process!!

Craig
                Mine only has a 3/4 horsepower motor, would it be outside the rules if I found a 1 HP motor and swapped it out?

Comment

Mine only has a 3/4 horsepower motor, would it be outside the rules if I found a 1 HP motor and swapped it out?
                  Yes, but it would have to go in Division 9: Non-Stock, Non-Studebaker Powered

Comment

Guido :
                    I don't know wheather or not you are being a smart ass or you are serious with this posting on registry for the floor maintainers . If One was to take your posting seriously you would be opening up a whole new field of Studebaker owned company registries . But personally I think you are trying to take a shot at someone who criticised your previously comments about registries and their usefulness . Good luck

Comment

Originally posted by 61Lark View Post
                      Yes, but it would have to go in Division 9: Non-Stock, Non-Studebaker Powered
                      Not necessarily, what if they made a larger buffer with a bigger motor? Be no different than swapping a 289 in place of a 259.
                      Last edited by Guido; 06-17-2017, 01:06 PM. Reason: Change opening "No" to "Not".

Comment

Nope, as long as its not a VFD motor.

Then, you could be breaking some rules!!

Craig

Comment

Originally posted by 8E45E View Post
                          Nope, as long as its not a VFD motor.

Then, you could be breaking some rules!!

Craig
                          I am not well versed in electronics, but I thought VFDs were mostly used with 3 phase equipment.

Comment

Originally posted by old fart View Post
                            Guido :
                            I don't know wheather or not you are being a smart ass or you are serious with this posting on registry for the floor maintainers . If One was to take your posting seriously you would be opening up a whole new field of Studebaker owned company registries . But personally I think you are trying to take a shot at someone who criticised your previously comments about registries and their usefulness . Good luck
                            Given the unique nature of the product in this registry, it is perhaps the most exclusive of all ownership rosters. Before we can reveal any of the inner workings of our fellowship, you need to first list your buffer/polisher on our registry. Once our judging staff verifies the authenticity of your unit you will be admitted to the fellowship and the secrets of the organization will be revealed to you.

Of course, you need to be "buff" enough to join the buffer group...

Comment

Of course, you need to be "buff" enough to join the buffer group...
                              Or "slick" enough to join the STP registry group...

Comment

Working...
                              X