PDA

View Full Version : New Registery - Studebaker Clarke Floor Maintainers

Guido
06-12-2017, 12:47 PM
Since the focus now seems to be on establishing registries rather than driving our Studebakers, I did not want the floor buffer owners to be excluded. Please provide your model number, serial number and rotating speed. I will lead off:

Model: FM-17 Serial number: 28014 RPM - 1750

If I get enough responses perhaps we could have a "Buff Out" where we use our machines to put a "Lark Shine" on an old oxidized Studebaker.

[EDIT] I realize that registry is spelled incorrectly, but I thought it appropriate if we could be boogled and ashaamed.

4jc8z
06-12-2017, 01:00 PM
Gary - you are forgetting the Studebaker Gravely tractors and the Studebaker Onan generators. Who wants to step up and form a registry for those?

Edit: Oh wait, we forgot the STP cans that say division of Studebaker. We need to have a registry of those to know how many exist for posterity. :eek:

Guido
06-12-2017, 01:12 PM
Gary - you are forgetting the Studebaker Gravely tractors and the Studebaker Onan generators. Who wants to step up and form a registry for those?

Edit: Oh wait, we forgot the STP cans that say division of Studebaker. We need to have a registry of those to know how many exist for posterity. :eek:

I will leave the Gravely registry to the Gravely Tractor Club of America. I actually own a Studebaker Onan generator, I wish I had known yesterday when I was where it is stored so I could have gotten the serial number. The issue with the STP cans is the numerous designs they had along with the ancillary products (Top Oil, Auto Blitz, etc.).

Guido
06-12-2017, 01:16 PM
And this is proof that I drive my Studebaker Clarke buffer in the snow... No backing out of the garage and running back in using the same tracks.

http://i120.photobucket.com/albums/o175/guidosalvage/image.jpg1_zpsm1xk4dns.jpg

Guido
06-12-2017, 01:20 PM
Oh wait, we forgot the STP cans that say division of Studebaker. We need to have a registry of those to know how many exist for posterity. :eek:

Start counting...

http://i120.photobucket.com/albums/o175/guidosalvage/STPcans002.jpg

As you can see, there are many different styles.

http://i120.photobucket.com/albums/o175/guidosalvage/STPcans012.jpg

61Lark
06-12-2017, 01:30 PM
Who's starting the CTL rocket registry?

8E45E
06-12-2017, 02:06 PM
If I get enough responses perhaps we could have a "Buff Out" where we use our machines to put a "Lark Shine" on an old oxidized Studebaker.

What a wonderful idea for the next International Meet!!

Instead of valve cover racing, we can have floor buffer racing in the lobby of the host hotel! Perhaps the hotel management will give all the participants a few dollars off their room rates for helping the custodial staff perform their job in the process!!

Craig

Guido
06-12-2017, 02:14 PM
What a wonderful idea for the next International Meet!!

Instead of valve cover racing, we can have floor buffer racing in the lobby of the host hotel! Perhaps the hotel management will give all the participants a few dollars off their room rates for helping the custodial staff perform their job in the process!!

Craig

Mine only has a 3/4 horsepower motor, would it be outside the rules if I found a 1 HP motor and swapped it out?

61Lark
06-12-2017, 02:17 PM
Mine only has a 3/4 horsepower motor, would it be outside the rules if I found a 1 HP motor and swapped it out?

Yes, but it would have to go in Division 9: Non-Stock, Non-Studebaker Powered

old fart
06-12-2017, 02:22 PM
Guido :
I don't know wheather or not you are being a smart ass or you are serious with this posting on registry for the floor maintainers . If One was to take your posting seriously you would be opening up a whole new field of Studebaker owned company registries . But personally I think you are trying to take a shot at someone who criticised your previously comments about registries and their usefulness . Good luck

Guido
06-12-2017, 02:34 PM
Yes, but it would have to go in Division 9: Non-Stock, Non-Studebaker Powered

Not necessarily, what if they made a larger buffer with a bigger motor? Be no different than swapping a 289 in place of a 259.

8E45E
06-12-2017, 02:52 PM

Nope, as long as its not a VFD motor.

Then, you could be breaking some rules!!

Craig

Guido
06-12-2017, 03:42 PM
Nope, as long as its not a VFD motor.

Then, you could be breaking some rules!!

Craig

I am not well versed in electronics, but I thought VFDs were mostly used with 3 phase equipment.

Guido
06-12-2017, 06:42 PM
Guido :
I don't know wheather or not you are being a smart ass or you are serious with this posting on registry for the floor maintainers . If One was to take your posting seriously you would be opening up a whole new field of Studebaker owned company registries . But personally I think you are trying to take a shot at someone who criticised your previously comments about registries and their usefulness . Good luck

Given the unique nature of the product in this registry, it is perhaps the most exclusive of all ownership rosters. Before we can reveal any of the inner workings of our fellowship, you need to first list your buffer/polisher on our registry. Once our judging staff verifies the authenticity of your unit you will be admitted to the fellowship and the secrets of the organization will be revealed to you.

Of course, you need to be "buff" enough to join the buffer group...

4jc8z
06-12-2017, 07:07 PM
Of course, you need to be "buff" enough to join the buffer group...

Or "slick" enough to join the STP registry group...

HOXXOH
06-12-2017, 07:09 PM
Oh no! Now I'm lost, since I can't positively identify the year and model of the STP can I've been dragging around for about 50 years and in 11 houses and a couple States. The front looks like #2 from the left and the back like #3. I sure hope there'd be a judging class for unopened originals with road rash. LOL

HAWK64
06-12-2017, 08:20 PM
For the collectors interest Clarke, Gravely & Onan also brought out promotional lighters to advertise their respective products.64773

SN-60
06-12-2017, 08:31 PM
Guido :

Pay no attention to him.

rockne10
06-12-2017, 09:07 PM
Pay no attention to him.Ed, why the negativity? It's so unlike you! :woot:

8E45E
06-13-2017, 07:52 AM
Or "slick" enough to join the STP registry group...

Will that include owning only a sticker?

In the 1960's and 70's, there were probably more STP stickers printed than Studebaker made cars!!

Come to think of it, the ones on my bike really DID make it go FASTER!

Craig

4jc8z
06-13-2017, 09:17 AM

That is open currently. If you are interested in taking up this important registry let me know! Studebaker and rocket owners are waiting with baited breath for this imperative development to our hobby!

Guido
06-13-2017, 10:10 AM

Elmer Warnken, the founder of CTL (Cincinnati Testing Laboratories) just passed away three years ago at the age of 95. Despite not having an engineering degree or a scientific background, he developed 91-LD, a "hard plastic" that was used as a heat shield on the Mercury spacecrafts. The company still is in business today, mostly as a subcontractor making components for commercial aircraft. There was a press photo taken in front of the CTL building when it was announced that S-P purchased them depicting Harold Churchill and Mr. Warnken as well as a Lark wagon and a Jupiter rocket nose cone.

studejohn
06-13-2017, 02:08 PM
Why were at it I'll do one for Paxton products. I will also need serial number whether it was black or orange and if it was mounted in the trunk or Engine compartment.

55 56 PREZ 4D
06-13-2017, 04:36 PM
Will the results of the information gathered in the new registeries be released to the members, or will it only be released on an as need to know basis as seen fit by the keepers of the registeries ?

Guido
06-13-2017, 05:16 PM
Will the results of the information gathered in the new registeries be released to the members, or will it only be released on an as need to know basis as seen fit by the keepers of the registeries ?

Hmmm, maybe we should limit it to the brotherhood of ownership. That would cause people to have to scour pawnshops and industrial supply houses to find one of the coveted floor buffers. We would also see a spike in prices for the ones that we own.

tomlewis
06-13-2017, 07:00 PM
I, personally, find this thread hilarious. But Gary, you are violating the first line in your signature block. I think this is the last thread that I will open that has "Registries" in the title and I've added the appropriate poster to my ignore list.

This is very similar to any thread that has anything to do with R-3 engines or how many were "factory" made and a long time ago I added the usual suspects who start or respond to those threads to the ignore list also. I'm simply not interested in the same arguments and self-righteous "knowledge" over and over.

Tom

4jc8z
06-13-2017, 08:15 PM

In the 1960's and 70's, there were probably more STP stickers printed than Studebaker made cars!!

Craig

Well, a sticker WAS an item associated with STP and the Sudebaker Corp. Yes, they probably printed more stickers then they made cars, but just think: we have no idea how many stickers are left!

Guido
06-13-2017, 09:36 PM
Well, a sticker WAS an item associated with STP and the Sudebaker Corp. Yes, they probably printed more stickers then they made cars, but just think: we have no idea how many stickers are left!

Make sure your sticker comes with a certificate of authenticity. Rumor has it that they have been reproduced, we do not want any fakes in this registry.

bob40
06-13-2017, 09:50 PM
I like the phrase "brotherhood of ownership" or boo for short.
I'm all in.
Will there be a newsletter? A pin,a patch and a decal? Secret handshake?
Will only stock buffers be allowed or will modifieds be accepted?
So many questions....so little time.
I do know of a place where old buffers go to die.I will take pics but only share with other boo members listed on the super secret membership list

Guido
06-13-2017, 10:04 PM
I'm all in.
I do know of a place where old buffers go to die.I will take pics but only share with other boo members listed on the super secret membership list

We are an all inclusive brotherhood, we even take brothers of different mothers. In the same vein, we will accept your stock or highly modified buffers. We only ask that your pads be abrasive ...

Once we establish the Loyal Order of the Brotherhood of Electric Buffers we can work on the super secret workings of our organization.

4jc8z
06-13-2017, 10:27 PM
Once we establish the Loyal Order of the Brotherhood of Electric Buffers...

Man, that would sure be fraternal bunch of Odd Fellows! :cool:

Guido
06-13-2017, 10:37 PM
I'm all in.

One thing we do need is a Swap Page so we can spam each other with multiple listings of junk parts that no one wants.

8E45E
06-13-2017, 11:42 PM
Make sure your sticker comes with a certificate of authenticity. Rumor has it that they have been reproduced, we do not want any fakes in this registry.

Fakes won't make your bicycle go faster.

Craig

HOXXOH
06-14-2017, 01:26 AM

Craig
Arrrrg! I just realized my STP T-shirt is no longer to be found. I heard that they were the first to start giving away T-shirts for advertising. True or not???

4jc8z
06-14-2017, 01:31 AM
Arrrrg! I just realized my STP T-shirt is no longer to be found. I heard that they were the first to start giving away T-shirts for advertising. True or not???

Wait - we now need a registry for genuine (not-new-made fake) Studebaker clothing. Factory coveralls and STP shirts. How did we ever forget such an important registry in our club?

Guido
06-14-2017, 06:57 AM
Wait - we now need a registry for genuine (not-new-made fake) Studebaker clothing. Factory coveralls and STP shirts. How did we ever forget such an important registry in our club?

I am standing here looking at a dirty work apron emblazoned with "Studebaker Corp." Who wants to take the lead on cataloging them?

8E45E
06-14-2017, 08:07 AM

That is a VERY valid point!

Given the demand of them, one may have privacy issues about wanting others to know they have a genuine Clarke floor buffer in their home, not to mention, if it was bought on the installment plan, you certainly don't want to make it easy for the Repo Man to come after you, should you fall behind on the monthly payments.

Craig

Son O Lark
06-15-2017, 01:46 PM
If I buy a new Gravely tractor , can I join a "I wish it was a Studebaker registry"?

4jc8z
06-15-2017, 03:10 PM
can I join a "I wish it was a Studebaker registry"?

I'm sure a few Avanti II guys would be joining that registry....

Guido
06-15-2017, 04:37 PM
If I buy a new Gravely tractor , can I join a "I wish it was a Studebaker registry"?

Unfortunately, you can no longer buy a new Gravely "tractor". We sell Gravely, they only offer zero turns, walk behinds and stand on models (plus the Atlas UTVs).

Gravely has been owned by Ariens since 1982.

SScopelli
06-16-2017, 05:35 AM

I believe it's OK to have a "reproduction" sticker as long as there is an associated Plackard stating so.

I'm sure a few Avanti II guys would be joining that registry....

OUCH!:lol:

Why we're at it I'll do one for Paxton products. I will also need serial number whether it was black or orange and if it was mounted in the trunk or Engine compartment.

So the Whistler will be in the JTS registry and the trunk mounted black Paxton registry?

Son O Lark
06-16-2017, 09:15 AM
Unfortunately, you can no longer buy a new Gravely "tractor". We sell Gravely, they only offer zero turns, walk behinds and stand on models (plus the Atlas UTVs).

Gravely has been owned by Ariens since 1982.

That's a real bummer. Zero turns cost too much for this CASO. Hey, what about a CASO registry?

4jc8z
06-16-2017, 11:03 AM
That's a real bummer. Zero turns cost too much for this CASO. Hey, what about a CASO registry?

Just cut n' paste the forum membership list for the CASO registry.....

06-16-2017, 11:11 AM
Too funny Gary. Keep it up. I have an authentic "Studebaker Corp" apron some where too and it's dirty too.

Guido
06-16-2017, 11:25 AM

The cheapest zero turn they make is the ZT 34 that sells for $2,599. The most expensive one we sell is the Pro Turn 472 with a 33 hp Yamaha that sells for $12,899. A bargain compared to the Kubota ZD1511 that sells for $19,199.

Lou Van Anne
06-16-2017, 01:06 PM
Senility....I think it is beginning to affect this group.

55 56 PREZ 4D
06-16-2017, 02:00 PM

A wise man once said:
" I think I"m losing my mind. But I should be OK. As long as I keep the part that tells me when I have to pee."

He doesn't remember saying it now.

Wait... What were we talking about.

4jc8z
06-16-2017, 02:25 PM

And it generally starts with people who are 'old farts'...

Lou Van Anne
06-16-2017, 06:23 PM
And it generally starts with people who are 'old farts'...
...and there are a whole bunch of us here!

Guido
06-16-2017, 06:57 PM
I can't believe that I am the only one here with a Clarke Floor Maintainer... How do I petition the SDC Board to create a buffer category for the next International Meet? This could be my only opportunity to get a first place award.

asesolen
06-16-2017, 07:03 PM
Since the focus now seems to be on establishing registries rather than driving our Studebakers, I did not want the floor buffer owners to be excluded. Please provide your model number, serial number and rotating speed. I will lead off:

Model: FM-17 Serial number: 28014 RPM - 1750

[EDIT] I realize that registry is spelled incorrectly, but I thought it appropriate if we could be boogled and ashaamed.

This thread really has “boogled” my mind and it is “shaamful”that no one has recognized these problems sooner. Guido has identified the two main problems ofhow do we grow the club. His answer is obviouslyto 1. enforce strict rules of how far and often one should drive a Studebaker and 2. toscreen out anyone that makes spelling or grammatical errors in their forum posts.
We should make sure that SDC members no longer waste timeon any frivolous activities that keep us from driving our Studebakers. Anyone that takes time from driving tocollect and catalog Studebaker pictures, memorabilia, and trinkets or writingarticles for newsletters etc., clearly has questionable priorities that may notbe consistent with the level of commitment required to be a club member. Anyone that takes time from driving to attendmeetings, help another member with their cars, go to swap meets etc., clearly has questionable priorities that maynot be consistent with the level of commitment required to be a club member.
We should also do a much better job of screening membersfor their ability to spell and write at a level equal to Guido’s. In fact Guido is such an “expert” he has evencoined his own word to describe the level we need to achieve. Guido is an “annoited” expert. Unfortunately I’m not sharp enough to evenknow what it means so will probably be banned if the new guidelines areimplemented.
Let’s elect Guido to a new office in the club to enforce stricterpriorities. It can only help grow theclub if we set higher standards. Moreand more people will want to join the elite!

8E45E
06-16-2017, 08:13 PM
I can't believe that I am the only one here with a Clarke Floor Maintainer... How do I petition the SDC Board to create a buffer category for the next International Meet? This could be my only opportunity to get a first place award.

Like the cars, floor buffers always had competitors fiercely competing in how slippery one could make the them. My grandma had a Hoover floor buffer, and NOTHING got that hardwood floor in the hallway and the battleship linoleum in the kitchen shinier than grandpa's old underwear wrapped around the two buffing wheels. In fact, my grandma would let my younger sister ride on it as she buffed the floor thinking her extra weight helped removed every scratch!!

Craig

mbstude
06-16-2017, 09:03 PM
I think there's a Studebaker Clarke floor buffer in one of the barns at the shop here. Gary, since yours does so well in the snow, I'll find out how well they do in a cow pasture.

Guido
06-17-2017, 12:41 PM
I think there's a Studebaker Clarke floor buffer in one of the barns at the shop here. Gary, since yours does so well in the snow, I'll find out how well they do in a cow pasture.

This needs to be done properly... we have had people bloviate about driving in the snow only to find out they merely backed out of the garage and then pulled back in. If you are going to be thrasonical about piloting your floor maintainer through the meadow, be sure to include photographic evidence clearly showing its off road capabilities. There is nothing worse than braggadocio that is not supported by the evidence.

mbstude
06-17-2017, 01:24 PM
This needs to be done properly... we have had people bloviate about driving in the snow only to find out they merely backed out of the garage and then pulled back in. If you are going to be thrasonical about piloting your floor maintainer through the meadow, be sure to include photographic evidence clearly showing its off road capabilities. There is nothing worse than braggadocio that is not supported by the evidence.

I was hoping to chase the cows around with the Weasel if its restoration is ever finished... But now I think the Clarke may be a better alternative. The first hurdle would be finding the thing, and it'd be another adventure in getting it road worthy. If I can find it, at least that would make for a great "barn find" story.

Wait.. Now that I've brought it up. Who's going to do the Weasel registry?

mbstude
06-17-2017, 01:27 PM
...Do we have a registry for registries? With so many of them now, we need some way of keeping track of what registries are out there.

r1lark
06-17-2017, 01:31 PM

Wow, this forum is getting too high-brow with all these fancy words :), least too high-brow for this good ole country boy. ;)

Definition of thrasonical. : of, relating to, resembling, or characteristic of Thraso : bragging, boastful."

Define braggadocio: the annoying or exaggerated talk of someone who is trying to sound very proud or brave

Guido
06-17-2017, 02:01 PM
Wow, this forum is getting too high-brow with all these fancy words :), least too high-brow for this good ole country boy. ;)

Definition of thrasonical. : of, relating to, resembling, or characteristic of Thraso : bragging, boastful."

Define braggadocio: the annoying or exaggerated talk of someone who is trying to sound very proud or brave

Paul,

Thanks for helping the masses, not only is the Loyal Brotherhood serious about its mission but we also seek to educate others along the way. I have been informed that bloviate feels shunned as it did not get a definition.

6hk71400
06-17-2017, 02:28 PM
Paul,

Thanks for helping the masses, not only is the Loyal Brotherhood serious about its mission but we also seek to educate others along the way. I have been informed that bloviate feels shunned as it did not get a definition.

Bloviate

One of Warren G Harding's favorite words but he used in a malprop way. He liked to go outside to bloviate but doing so by definition he was talking to himself.

Bob Miles
Tucson AZ

r1lark
06-17-2017, 02:32 PM
Paul,

Well goodness, even an old bib overalls-wearin' (in my case, Pointers) good ole boy knows what bloviate means! Comes from the word 'blow' as in blowhard - or as we call 'em, a BSer. ;)

Guido
06-17-2017, 03:04 PM
Well goodness, even an old bib overalls-wearin' (in my case, Pointers) good ole boy knows what bloviate means! Comes from the word 'blow' as in blowhard - or as we call 'em, a BSer. ;)

Had on a pair of Libertys Sunday when I was cutting wheat (with the obligatory straw hat).

4jc8z
06-17-2017, 04:41 PM
Wait.. Now that I've brought it up. Who's going to do the Weasel registry?

How did we forget that? Now that you mention military vehicles, who is going to take on the US6 trucks? Oh My how did we let such important registries slip through the cracks?

...Do we have a registry for registries? With so many of them now, we need some way of keeping track of what registries are out there.

I know, right? The amount of them 'boogles' my mind.

Guido
06-17-2017, 04:54 PM
I know, right? The amount of them 'boogles' my mind.

Let's not make light of the Right Reverend Registry Ruler...

tomlewis
06-17-2017, 07:07 PM
As I look back over the years to posts that I made that I thought were clever, I believe most of them were made on Friday afternoons after happy hour had been in full swing for a while.

It's now Saturday afternoon, Brenda is off visiting Grandkids, and happy hour started even earlier than usual.

Does anybody think that "elderly flatulence" has gotten the point yet?

Tom

Guido
06-17-2017, 08:08 PM
Does anybody think that "elderly flatulence" has gotten the point yet?

No, because the problem lies with those who fail to grasp the necessity, urgency and importance of cataloging the small number of cars owned by the active participants on this forum.

Guido
06-18-2017, 07:20 AM
A thought just struck me this morning as I was driving, we no longer need registries. Why not have the Census Bureau add a question regarding ownership of Studebaker's to their form? It is just a matter of "we the people" asking OUR government to do something to benefit us. If special interests can do it why can't we?

8E45E
06-18-2017, 08:46 AM
Why not have the Census Bureau add a question regarding ownership of Studebaker's to their form?

Why would they stop there when they catch on to a good thing? Before you know it, the census would be 10,000 pages long!

Next thing you know, they'll be asking you how many table lamps you have in your living room.

Craig

jclary
06-18-2017, 08:59 AM
Not to be "paranoid,":rolleyes::QQ::ohmy: but yet another reason to avoid social media (face book, twitter, etc.) and shopping sites like Amazon:(...Those folks are already gathering so much information on you, not only will they know everything you have, but will know what you WILL HAVE before you do.

When they team up with your government...even the census will be obsolete.:confused::eek:

SN-60
06-18-2017, 09:24 AM
I see that many of you have unfortunately decided to join Gary Hearn (Guido) in making fun of Terry's (old fart's) idea of establishing registries for the various Studebaker/Packard models. :(

I'm sure that someone new, who may be reading this forum for the first time, will be REALLY IMPRESSED with your behavior. (Yeah, right:rolleyes:!!)

On a lighter note, I've been busy giving my '83 Avanti 'Everyday Driver' a much needed facelift!.....cleaning up the body, new seating, AND AN EXTERIOR COLOR CHANGE:woot:!!!!!

Pics will be posted after completion, in the meantime I've been 'running the wheels' off my '63 R2 Avanti....Sure glad winter is long gone!!!!!:)....Ed

4jc8z
06-18-2017, 09:57 AM
I'm sure that someone new, who may be reading this forum for the first time, will be REALLY IMPRESSED with your behavior. (Yeah, right:rolleyes:!!)

Ed: Those who cast stones should not live in glass houses.

SN-60
06-18-2017, 10:01 AM
Ed: Those who cast stones should not live in glass houses.

Gee, did you just make that up Heather? ;)

4jc8z
06-18-2017, 10:05 AM
Gee, did you just make that up Heather? ;)

Yup, you were the inspiration :eek:

SN-60
06-18-2017, 10:09 AM
Yup, you were the inspiration :eek:

It's flattering that I inspire you Heather!...Now, how about in the future not making fun of folks who perhaps cannot (or will not) defend themselves....You're better than that aren't you?

8E45E
06-18-2017, 10:42 AM
Give Ed and Gary both credit for using them in the SNOW!! http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.com/showthread.php?93118-Northeast-Blizzard-Let-s-See-Your-Avanti-In-Snow-Pic-s&highlight=snow

Craig

4jc8z
06-18-2017, 11:13 AM
Lighten up Ed :) Sometimes it feels like you are the Grinch that stole Christmas; once SN-60 posts on a thread, you know its not long before the thread will be deleted, modified, or turn into a mess.

jclary
06-18-2017, 11:26 AM
Lighten up Ed :) Sometimes it feels like you are the Grinch that stole Christmas; once SN-60 posts on a thread, you know its not long before the thread will be deleted, modified, or turn into a mess.

This message is hidden because SN-60 is on your ignore list (http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.com/profile.php?do=ignorelist).

:cheers::!: :cheers:

SN-60
06-18-2017, 12:18 PM

Can't help it Heather, when I see someone getting picked on.....I ACT!!!........Terry has a worthwhile idea that, to me anyway, shows initiative!...And for some malcontent to start a thread making fun of that initiative aggravates me.....and it should you to!.....Ed

4jc8z
06-18-2017, 12:24 PM
Can't help it Heather, when I see someone getting picked on.....I ACT!!!....

I guess that is why you so staunchly defended the Patriots during 'deflate gate' then...

Lou Van Anne
06-18-2017, 12:50 PM
No, because the problem lies with those who fail to grasp the necessity, urgency and importance of cataloging the small number of cars owned by the active participants on this forum.
I agree 100%...

Lou Van Anne
06-18-2017, 12:51 PM
I agree 100%.....too!

Can't help it Heather, when I see someone getting picked on.....I ACT!!!........Terry has a worthwhile idea that, to me anyway, shows initiative!...And for some malcontent to start a thread making fun of that initiative aggravates me.....and it should you to!.....Ed

thunderations
06-18-2017, 03:11 PM
If you don't like registries or see no reason for them, don't use them, but don't try to belittle those that want to be a part of a registry.
There's no salary or corner office for those that VOLUNTEER to head a registry and there's no reward for being a part of one.
It's easier to pass by a registry post then to click on it, so please, if it's not your cup of tea, pass on by.

SN-60
06-18-2017, 05:41 PM
If you don't like registries or see no reason for them, don't use them, but don't try to belittle those that want to be a part of a registry.
There's no salary or corner office for those that VOLUNTEER to head a registry and there's no reward for being a part of one.
It's easier to pass by a registry post then to click on it, so please, if it's not your cup of tea, pass on by.

Very well said! :!:

bob40
06-18-2017, 05:47 PM
We should start a registry of malcontents.It can be those who start a thread that offends someone.
Or.
It can be those who complain about a thread in which most everyone is having some lighthearted fun.

8E45E
06-18-2017, 05:51 PM

For all intents and purposes, Gary has offered to take on a registry for Clarke products.

Admittedly, some of us did get a little silly (myself included) over his volunteering to do so. From what I read, the door is OPEN to anyone who owns a Clarke product that was produced during Studebaker Corporation's ownership to submit their information on what they have, and may end up with a submission or two. If Fred K. Fox intends to do another article on 'Those Other Studebaker Products' (Feb. 1983 TW), the information Gary collects would be a valuable resource to obtain photographs of them.

Craig

SN-60
06-18-2017, 06:50 PM
For all intents and purposes, Gary has offered to take on a registry for Clarke products.

Admittedly, some of us did get a little silly (myself included) over his volunteering to do so. From what I read, the door is OPEN to anyone who owns a Clarke product that was produced during Studebaker Corporation's ownership to submit their information on what they have, and may end up with a submission or two. If Fred K. Fox intends to do another article on 'Those Other Studebaker Products' (Feb. 1983 TW), the information Gary collects would be a valuable resource to obtain photographs of them.

Craig

You aren't serious are you Craig??.....Anyone with eyes can see that Gary Hearn was/is deliberately ridiculing Terry by posting this thread....Insulting folks is something he apparently considers himself very good at! :(

Guido
06-18-2017, 07:30 PM

Thank you for your input, as you have done here I am also allowed to express my opinion on subjects posted to this Forum.

Guido
06-18-2017, 07:32 PM
We should start a registry of malcontents.It can be those who start a thread that offends someone.
Or.
It can be those who complain about a thread in which most everyone is having some lighthearted fun.

I am in and in fact have set up "SDCForummalcontent@yahoo.com" to receive e-mail notifications for any registry updates that may occur.

Guido
06-18-2017, 07:39 PM
I note that individuals that fall under the parameters outlined in my first signature line have been posting in this thread. Please be advised that you are on "Ignore" for a reason and I will not be viewing or responding to any comments you may make to this or any other threads.

showbizkid
06-18-2017, 08:52 PM
http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q26/clarknovak/4e8ea59e4a0a0.jpg

I think all the humor to be had has been squeezed from this thread, and now all we have is seeds and rinds.

Be kind to each other, people. Sheesh.