PDA

View Full Version : looking for ideas and opinions

lark63
06-10-2017, 01:52 AM
I am looking at making a repair understructure panels, something not already done. If it is made in like a kit form , to be welded in , here is my question. How consistent would you consider the Studebaker weld jigs to be. In my work/ world I get a 1/16 tolerance , or am i better to leave maybe 1/8 extra in places to allow installer to trim as need ,

StudeRich
06-10-2017, 01:59 AM
I am looking at making a repair understructure panels, something not already done./Cut/

So I am scratching my head trying to figure out how a Floor Repair Panel could be something not yet available. Maybe you are thinking a full size Floor Panel?
There are PLENTY of smaller repair panels available. :confused:

Also WHAT Model and year would you consider? Most Years and Models do differ.

The longest running for the most need, would be the '53 to '57 C & K and the '58-'64 C & K Model Floors.

ken-renda
06-10-2017, 08:36 AM
Suggest you call 715 537 5422, they have a large selection of Studebaker metal panels with pictures for several models and an even larger desire to provide assistance on how to install. I've used them for decades. Ken, Deltaville, Va.

qsanford
06-10-2017, 08:57 AM
There is a need for the convertible torque boxes.

41 Frank
06-10-2017, 11:03 AM
There is a need for the convertible torque boxes.

Years ago when I inquired at Classic Enterprises about convertible torque boxes I was told that it was not economically feasible to tool up for them because of perceived low demand. Me and a sheet metal buddy wound up making them ourselves, was not that difficult for his sheet metal shop since we had enough left that they were able to use as a pattern.

lark63
06-10-2017, 11:26 AM
it is torque boxes and i have the availability that i do not feel the need to count on the problem of having to worry about a total break even point number , and yes it is not a huge endless pool, Still curious about tolerance in the fit