PDA

View Full Version : Hackenberger auction

jbwhttail
06-07-2017, 04:42 PM
Who is going? We will be there Friday afternoon and Saturday.

58PackardWagon
06-07-2017, 11:02 PM
The two auction sites are supposed to be updated by Friday with a full list of the cars and thousands of pics

nckid4u
06-08-2017, 10:41 AM
My father and I are planning on going over. We are each going to drag a trailer, but may or may not drag something back.

Commander Eddie
06-08-2017, 11:03 AM
If anyone who is going could look for the robe rope and hardware off a 1955 President I would be happy to cover the cost including shipping them to me. If you can find this and purchase it for me please send me a PM so we can settle up.
I really want to find these parts. Thanks. Wish I could go myself. You know what they say about kids in candy stores. :!!:

tbredehoft
06-08-2017, 03:08 PM
Eddie, I can offer you the two end pieces of the hardware, but....it's been on the ground for maybe 8 years, a little weathered, etc. But still looks gold. Its yours for shipping. Also the Ash tray, in similar condition.

Commander Eddie
06-08-2017, 05:47 PM
Eddie, I can offer you the two end pieces of the hardware, but....it's been on the ground for maybe 8 years, a little weathered, etc. But still looks gold. Its yours for shipping. Also the Ash tray, in similar condition.
Tom, I'll go for it. I'll PM you.
Ed

TX Rebel
06-08-2017, 10:48 PM
I have an NOS one in gray, but suspect it is for an earlier model

Commander Eddie
06-09-2017, 09:54 AM
I have an NOS one in gray, but suspect it is for an earlier model
TX - the earlier ones did not have the screw in the front. They attached from the back. They were attached to a trim plate that stretched across the back of the seat. In 1955 they dispensed with this and just attached the round brackets directly to the back of the seat with a screw through the front.
I already have a really nice set of the earlier ones. That is how I discovered they would not work.
Ed

58PackardWagon
06-10-2017, 10:01 PM
The list for day one cars is now posted

TX Rebel
06-12-2017, 10:38 AM
Mine is AC-1838/9 & has 2 screws on each end.

TX - the earlier ones did not have the screw in the front. They attached from the back. They were attached to a trim plate that stretched across the back of the seat. In 1955 they dispensed with this and just attached the round brackets directly to the back of the seat with a screw through the front.
I already have a really nice set of the earlier ones. That is how I discovered they would not work.
Ed

Commander Eddie
06-12-2017, 11:06 AM
TX - That number does not show up anywhere on my 1955 parts list so I suspect you are right, they are for an earlier model.