PDA

View Full Version : Interesting Studebaker Muscle Car Facts

sgriggs
06-05-2017, 01:14 PM
I found this collection of 50 Studebaker Muscle Car Facts while doing a web search today. It contains a few errors, but seems well researched and written. There were some oddball bits of trivia I had never heard before. If it has been posted before, I apologize. I conducted a search of the SDC forum site and didn't find mention of it.

http://www.musclecardiy.com/muscle-car-tech-tips/interesting-studebaker-muscle-car-facts/

Scott Griggs
Louisville, KY

DougHolverson
06-05-2017, 01:24 PM
I've also heard people say that STP use to stand for "Studebaker Top Performance".

j.byrd
06-05-2017, 01:50 PM
Thanks for that link sgriggs ! Very nice !

6hk71400
06-05-2017, 03:18 PM
I was at Barnes and Noble shopping for train books for the 6 year old grandson with Jenny and decided to take break in the magazine section. July Hemmings Classic Car I started to "look" at did have an article by one of the regular columnist taking a new tack on the first muscle car and it was the 1956 Golden Hawk. I was at about the second paragraph when Jenny got me. I did not buy the magazine but may go back later to get it or find it. I mean after spending $75.00 on books I should have sprung for the price of the mag but didn't

Bob Miles
Tucson AZ

Commander Eddie
06-05-2017, 03:53 PM
I was at Barnes and Noble shopping for train books for the 6 year old grandson with Jenny and decided to take break in the magazine section. July Hemmings Classic Car I started to "look" at did have an article by one of the regular columnist taking a new tack on the first muscle car and it was the 1956 Golden Hawk. I was at about the second paragraph when Jenny got me. I did not buy the magazine but may go back later to get it or find it. I mean after spending $75.00 on books I should have sprung for the price of the mag but didn't

Bob Miles
Tucson AZ
Bob,
That is a good article by a non-Studebaker guy. He makes some great points to remember at your next car show or cruise-in.

345 DeSoto
06-05-2017, 04:46 PM
STP stood for "Scientifically Treated Petroleum"...

doug
06-05-2017, 04:56 PM
Looks like there is a ton of good info there on performance.

StudeNewby
06-05-2017, 05:15 PM
Bob,
That is a good article by a non-Studebaker guy. He makes some great points to remember at your next car show or cruise-in.
While Pat Foster, the writer of that HCC article, primarily plies his trade in AMC products, it should be noted he wrote "Studebaker: The Complete History."

Commander Eddie
06-05-2017, 05:43 PM
While Pat Foster, the writer of that HCC article, primarily plies his trade in AMC products, it should be noted he wrote "Studebaker: The Complete History."
That's right. I forgot about that. I even have that book. Thanks for the reminder Mike.

StudeRich
06-05-2017, 06:10 PM
That explains all the obvious ERRORS! STP = "Studebaker Tested Products" ... REALLY? :eek:

junior
06-06-2017, 09:48 AM
That explains all the obvious ERRORS! STP = "Studebaker Tested Products" ... REALLY? :eek:

Read...or re-read fact 951 AND fact 952 cheers, junior