Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Looking for the owner of this 1960 Hawk at South Bend - anyone recognize it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for the owner of this 1960 Hawk at South Bend - anyone recognize it?

Saw this '60 Hawk at South Bend, but it was parked behind one of the buildings and not on display. At the time, I neglected to grab a plate number or even a state reference - anyone know the car and the owner?
    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2925.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	83.1 KB
ID:	1754127Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2921.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	130.2 KB
ID:	1754128

Maybe Ted Harbit would know, that looks like his "Stude. Tomato" ('63 Lark Custom 2 Door) parked right next to it!
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner
    SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Pretty sure that is Brian Middleton's Hawk from Elwood, IND

Comment

That '60 Hawk appears to be the quite rare and beautiful Bamboo Yellow, a seldom seen Spring 1959 color P-5924.

I believe that Color was carried over to some early 1960's, it is darker than Jonquil Yellow and more of a Yellow Gold.
        My Dad actually had a Dealer Demo '60 Hawk just like that.
        Last edited by StudeRich; 06-05-2017, 12:44 PM.
        StudeRich
        SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Originally posted by StudeRich View Post
          That '60 Hawk appears to be the quite rare and beautiful Bamboo Yellow, a seldom seen Spring 1959 color P-5924.

I believe that Color was carried over to some early 1960's, it is darker than Jonquil Yellow and more of a Yellow Gold.
          My Dad actually had a Dealer Demo '60 Hawk just like that.
          'Sudan Beige' for 1960? http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...ighlight=sudan

Craig

Comment

Yeah but... that could never pass for THIS Yellow Hawk!:
            StudeRich
            SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

4jc8z - any chance you know if Brian Middleton has a UserID on the forum, or an e-mail you can Private Message to me? Would love to invite him to add that beautiful '60 Hawk to the registry, if he's amenable. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by cavanbound View Post
                4jc8z - any chance you know if Brian Middleton has a UserID on the forum, or an e-mail you can Private Message to me? Would love to invite him to add that beautiful '60 Hawk to the registry, if he's amenable. Thanks.
                I don't know if Brian Middleton is "on" the forum, but that is his car.

I'll send you a PM with his phone number and e-mail address. BP
                We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Working...
                X